Breakfast Pancake Tacos Recipe has all your favorite breakfast items in a fluffy homemade pancake. This is a fun alternative to your traditional breakfast. Kids love it and the recipe is easy enough they can help make it.
BREAKFAST PANCAKE TACOS RECIPE
I most often like to serve Pancake Tacos buffet-style on a late and lazy weekend morning. As well, we enjoy them on holiday mornings and plan to serve them this year on Christmas Eve for brunch.
If you do a quick Google search, there are a lot of breakfast tacos. My spin on them is making pancakes for the taco shells. My boys adore it and think it’s cute and fun.
VARIATIONS FOR BREAKFAST PANCAKE TACOS
- Of course, you can replace the bacon with sausage or smoked salmon.
- Instead of a traditional filling, you can use chorizo, eggs, and avocado.
- Try a drizzle of pure maple syrup to add sweetness.
- As well, you can go healthy with Greek yogurt, honey, and fruit.
- You may also want to add avocado.
- Or, replace the tomatoes with salsa.
The possibilities are endless. What would you use to fill your breakfast pancake tacos?
For the bacon in this recipe, I used American-style bacon. You can sub
- Coconut bacon for vegetarian
- Soy Milk
- Almond Milk
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER BREAKFAST PANCAKE TACOS
Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
HOW TO FREEZE
Place on a plate and freeze for 1 hour. Transfer in a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 1 month.
HOW TO REHEAT
Defrost completely before reheating. Reheat in the oven until warm through or on a skillet grease with butter.
YOU’LL ENJOY THESE RECIPES TOO!
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- Overnight Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Stuffed Biscuits
- Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Casserole
- Best Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast pizza
- No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
- Breakfast Grilled Sausage Cheese
BREAKFAST PANCAKE TACOS RECIPE
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 medium eggs fried
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- maple syrup optional
- Preheat your oven to 335°F | 170°C and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk all together.
- Crack eggs and add in the large bowl with chives.
- Pour milk and whisk all together to get a smooth pancake batter.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Pour ¼ pancake batter to make 1 pancake. Cook pancake until bubbles form then flip to cook the other side.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of cheese on the pancake and transfer on the baking tray. Place the tray in the oven and repeat the same process until no more pancake batter is left. Keep pancakes warm in the oven.
- Fry bacon and eggs to your liking.
- Remove pancakes from the oven and place bacon, eggs, cherry tomato, and chives on each pancake.
- Serve immediately.