The Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe is an easy, delicious, and hearty breakfast casserole loaded with eggs, sausage. It’s a cheesy comfort food casserole that takes minutes to assemble. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, and potlucks!
I really do think this is The Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe. It’s simple, easy and quick. It’s also full of flavor and is very filling.
Recently I posted my favorite cake recipe. For Throwback Thursday, I’m posting another classic, basic, breakfast casserole. There are 100 variations of breakfast casseroles and I’ve tried dozens of them. However, I always go back to this one.
I always have ingredients in my pantry staples for it.
Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe
The best recipes don’t have to have a lot of ingredients and steps. For me, convenience is a huge factor in making a recipe over and over. And, of course, it has to taste good. This Best Breakfast Casserole is all of that. I never have a brunch that I don’t include this recipe. As well, every time I serve this breakfast casserole, I have a request for the recipe.
This recipe is great for brunches, early morning tailgating before football games and for breakfast during holidays. It’s quick and easy to make and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand.
The base of my casserole is crescent rolls The original recipe has pork breakfast sausage, but I have used ham and bacon and both are a good substitute. Use your favorite, or what you have on hand. Also, I know Velveeta cheese is frowned upon by a lot of folks, but I like the creamy of it. Feel free to use shredded cheddar, Monterrey, Colby, or another favorite cheese.
Similar recipes (Click photo for recipe)
You may want to make a batch of muffins to go with this casserole. Check out 11 Tasty Muffin Recipes
The Best Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound sausage cooked and drained
- 16 ounces American processed cheese shredded, like Velveeta cheese
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper diced
- 3/4 cup milk I used 2%
- 6 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- If you want the casserole to be thick use an 8x11 pan; if you want a thinner casserole use a 9x13. I used a 9x13 in this picture.
- Spray pan with non-stick spray.
- Line bottom of the pan with crescent rolls pinching the perforated seams together.
- Sprinkle sausage over rolls.
- Sprinkle cheese over sausage.
- Mix milk, eggs, and black pepper together and pour over cheese.
- Top with diced red bell pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes until the bottom is brown, cheese is melted and eggs in the center are set.
One year ago I shared these yummy recipes. Did you try them? Did you like them? (click picture for link)