Honey Bun Cake is like a Cinnamon Roll in a cake form. Why is this important? Because it’s SUPER easy to make. There’s no waiting for the yeast to rise and bread to proof. Just mix this easy cake that starts with a cake mix together and you’re ready to bake!
I have made this cake for years. I know it’s all the rage on Pinterest, but my daddy brought home this recipe from work in the early 90’s. He worked with a bunch of ladies and he brought home the best recipes!
This Honey Bun Cake has been, probably, my very favorite cake since then. It’s my go-to cake when I have to take a dessert to school to teachers or when I have to take a dessert anywhere, especially if I’m pressed for time. I could probably make it without getting out the recipe!
Honey Bun Cake
I’m sharing this with one stipulation: If you have children at the same schools as my boys, you cannot take it to Teacher Appreciation Day! 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have!
This amazing Honey Bun Cake is a sweet and delicious addition to any dessert table. With its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow recipe, it’s a sure crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Light and fluffy, the buttery cake combined with the cinnamon and sweet glaze creates a unique treat that you won’t be able to resist. So, don’t wait any longer – get the ingredients, preheat your oven, and start baking. The best part? It takes less than an hour to make!
Easy Honey Bun Cake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pkg yellow or white cake mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream or 1 c buttermilk, I've used both and you can't tell the difference.
- 1 cup pecans chopped, optional
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons milk more if needed
- Mix cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream (or buttermilk). Stir in nuts. Spoon ½ batter into 9 x 13 inch pan. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to remaining batter; mix well. Spoon over batter in pan. Bake at 350 degrees 30 to 35 min; cool.