Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe is a delicious, healthy, nutrient-dense breakfast or brunch that’s full of fresh flavors!
If you’ve noticed, I have been all up into healthy recipes lately. I really should get Wife of the Year Award for supporting Big Daddy in his quest to eat healthier and lose weight. Sometimes, I’d much rather do a little more cardio than do without carbs. He’s gone to the dark side I’m telling you!
Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe is very similar to an egg white omelet. Think of it as an egg white omelet full of quinoa and spinach!
It’s full of protein, which is very good for breakfast. The apricots add just a touch of natural sweetness and flavor to this recipe.
Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe Tips
- Between the spinach, quinoa, and nutritional yeast this is a very ‘earthy’ recipe. You can easily omit the nutritional yeast and add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- I used 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. You can use 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. Or, you can use all whole eggs. I don’t recommend all egg whites however, it doesn’t hold together well using just egg whites.
- Additionally, you may replace 1 cup of the spinach with 1 cup chopped broccoli.
- As well, you may use sliced Roma tomatoes instead of the apricots.
- You can even put it in a 9-inch pie crust if you want!
- Finally, if you want to make this just for yourself or you’re not sure if you’ll like it, try the same ingredients n an egg white omelet. I typically use 3 or 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup quinoa, whatever leftover veggies I have in the fridge. In just a few minutes you can have a high protein breakfast!
Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe is a hearty, high protein, low carb breakfast.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- 1 apricot sliced into 8 slices
- *optional 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat to 375 degrees F
- Spray a 8 or 9 inch pie pan with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, eggs, egg whites, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, cheese, hot sauce, and nutritional yeast (optional)
- Stir in the spinach and pour into prepared dish.
- Arrange the apricot slices on top of the ingredients
- Cover with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake just until the eggs set and it looks a little puffy and top is slightly browned about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.