Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe is a delicious, healthy, nutrient-dense breakfast or brunch that’s full of fresh flavors!
If you’ve noticed, I have been all up into healthy recipes lately. I really should get Wife of the Year Award for supporting Big Daddy in his quest to eat healthier and lose weight. Sometimes, I’d much rather do a little more cardio than do without carbs. He’s gone to the dark side I’m telling you!
This is probably one of the healthiest recipes I’ve posted, I promised you haven’t seen the last of recipes like Pecan Cobbler or Mile High Pound Cake!
Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe is very similar to an egg white omelet. Think of it as an egg white omelet full of quinoa and spinach!
It’s full of protein, which is very good for breakfast. The apricots add just a touch of natural sweetness and flavor to this recipe.
I think it would be a great breakfast or brunch with muffins. For lunch, I’d serve it with a fruit salad.
Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe Tips
- Between the spinach, quinoa, and nutritional yeast this is a very ‘earthy’ recipe. You can easily omit the nutritional yeast and add 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- I used 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. You can use 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. Or, you can use all whole eggs. I don’t recommend all egg whites however, it doesn’t hold together well using just egg whites.
- Additionally, you may replace 1 cup of the spinach with 1 cup of chopped broccoli.
- As well, you may use sliced Roma tomatoes instead of the apricots.
- You can even put it in a 9-inch pie crust if you want!
- Finally, if you want to make this just for yourself or you’re not sure if you’ll like it, try the same ingredients n an egg white omelet. I typically use 3 or 4 egg whites, 1/4 cup quinoa, whatever leftover veggies I have in the fridge. In just a few minutes you can have a high protein breakfast!
Apricot Spinach Quinoa Crustless Quiche Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast optional
- 1 apricot sliced into 8 slices
- *optional 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat to 375 degrees F
- Spray a 8 or 9 inch pie pan with olive oil spray.
- Stir in the spinach and pour into prepared dish.
- Arrange the apricot slices on top of the ingredients
- Cover with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake just until the eggs set and it looks a little puffy and top is slightly browned about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve
Alison's Allspice says
I was instantly drawn to this recipe because I love using fruit in savory dishes. The apricot is a wonderful addition to this dish, and I like that you filled the quiche out with some quinoa too. Pinned for later, Thanks!