What’s for dinner? No Peek Chicken Rice Recipe! It’s a one-dish, quickly prepped, put-it-in-the-oven-and-forget-it recipe that’s out-of-this-world delicious too!
First of all, this No Peek Chicken Rice Recipe is perfect for weeknights and faster than takeout. It literally took me about 3 minutes to prep this recipe. It took longer for my oven to preheat than it did to mix all the ingredients together.
In addition, you do have a long cook time, but it is all hands-off. In 75 minutes your have a complete and nutritious meal for you family.
The chicken turns out tender and juicy in this No Peek Chicken Rice Recipe. You can literally cut it with a fork. The rice is fluffy with great flavor from the soups and seasonings. the Montreal Chicken Seasoning has garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, pepper and parika. It also has red pepper that adds a little heat and perks up the ingredients nicely.
No Peek Chicken Rice Recipe
- You can use chicken breast or chicken tenders for this recipe.
- Sometimes I add a small can of mushrooms to change it up.
- You can also melt cheddar cheese over it. For this addition, take the foil off the last 5 minutes, add 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and return to the oven. Cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Additionally, you can use one box of Uncle Ben’s original recipe rice instead of the white rice. If you use this, omit the Montreal Chicken seasoning. Personally, I prefer white rice as the recipe indicates.
- If you can’t find the Montreal chicken seasoning mix, you can make it. I have included the recipe in the notes of the printable recipe below. Furthermore, you can use your favorite chicken seasoning if you prefer.
You may also enjoy these recipes
Cream of chicken and mushroom substitute
You can make a roux with the recipe and ingredients below OR you can use one can Cream of Chicken and one can Cream of Mushroom
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
- Chicken Enchiladas in White Sauce
- Slow Cooker Creamy Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Chicken
- Crock Pot Crack Chicken Recipe
No Peek Chicken and Rice Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup see post above for substitution
- 1 can cream of chicken soup see post above for substitution
- 1 soup can water
- 2 tablespoon Montreal Chicken seasoning
- 6 medium boneless skinless chicken breast (or chicken tenders)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional - 1 small can mushrooms drained
- Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place in a single layer in the casserole dish then sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soups, water, seasoning, and rice. (and mushrooms if you're putting them in)
- Pour mixture over the chicken and over the dish with foil.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until chicken is done throughout and rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.
- 4 tsp coarse salt.
- 4 tsp garlic flakes.
- 3 tsp onion flakes.
- 2 tsp cracked pepper.
- 2 tsp parsley.
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds.
- 1 tsp paprika.