Is “How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes” a strange post?
I’ve found changing the pan size, doubling or halving a recipe makes a difference when baking. As does, whether your pan is bright and shiny or dark.
Besides, tips on How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes I also have included the exact recipe, I used below for these beauties as well as the creamy Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting. I could eat it with a spoon and forego the cake!
I was asked to participate in a virtual baby shower. Yep, her life’s about to change. 🙂 Although going from one child to two children isn’t bad as going from none to one. But, she has a daughter now and boys are entirely different!
To see all the recipes for our shower, jump past the recipe to the end of this post and click on the recipe titles!
How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes
- First, mini cupcakes are about 1/3 the size of regular cupcakes. They use about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter.
- One heaping tablespoon should fill your muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- Also, I found a small spring release scoop that’s the perfect size. By using this, I get the mini cupcakes the exact same size every time. If you’re searching online, look for ice cream scoops or cookie scoops.
- Mini cupcakes cook much quicker than regular cupcakes. They can take from 14 to 18 minutes depending on the density of your batter. For my Lemon cupcakes, I baked them exactly 16 minutes.
- Next, start checking your cupcakes at 14 minutes.
- Test your cupcakes with a small wooden pick. Carefully insert the pick in the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean or with dry crumbs the cupcake is done.
- Furthermore, allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 2 minutes before carefully removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Finally, frost after the mini cupcakes have completely cooled.
How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- In the bowl, cream oil and sugar with a miser until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Using a 1 tablespoon spring release scoop, fill cupcakes with batter 2/3 full.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcake to cool completely then frost.
LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Add lemon zest, lemon extract and milk and beat.
- Slowly add confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time if consistency is too thick.
- Frost by hand or use a #12 round decorating tip.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Refrigerate up to 3 days.
Also, I hope my tutorial has helped you. Below, you can find more cupcake recipes.
more virtual baby shower recipes
Krispy Kreme Pie by Wine and Glue
How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes by Call Me PMC
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Bundt Cake by Layers of Happiness
Double Chocolate Cups by Diary of a Recipe Collector
Strawberries and Cream Skillet Cobbler by Taste and Tell
Paleo Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes by Food Faith Fitness
Blueberry Coconut Protein Pops by Capturing Joy
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip by Crazy for Crust
Creamy Lemon Angel Cake Roll by Yummy Healthy Easy
Blueberry Granola Gratin by Buns in My Oven
Strawberry & Cream Profiteroles by Lemons for Lulu
Dirt Cake by In Katrina’s Kitchen
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Trifles by Life, Love, and Sugar
S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes by Inside BruCrew Life
Butterfinger Cupcakes by Six Sisters’ Stuff
Brookie Bars by It Bakes Me Happy
Carrot Cake Cupcakes by Beyond Frosting
Blueberry Pie Cheeseball by Mom On Timeout
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Mousse by Heather’s French Press
Lemon Berry Fruit Kabobs by Crumbs and Chaos