Brownie Kisses are rich, decadent chocolate fudge bites made more special crowned with a cookies and cream chocolate Kiss while they’re still hot and gooey.
It’s no wonder that brownies are almost everyone’s favorite snack. Rich, dense chocolate bites are the perfect pick-me-up when you need a snack or mood lifter. These quick cooking bites are also the perfect dessert when you need to take a quick snack to school, tailgating or potlucks.
I started with my go-to brownie mix. Then I added two, well, really three, more chocolate ingredients! Go big or go home, people! I added extra cocoa, mini chocolate chips, then that chocolate Kiss in the center. (The recipe reflects the changes) You can easily use a brownie mix and kick it up as I did in the Cream Cheese Brownies and Brownie Bites. I used a Hershey cookies and cream in the center of these, but they would be awesome with any of the Kiss flavors!
The result is a bold and densely chocolate cake-type brownie that’s slightly chewy. The chips and Kiss ooze a chocolate melty explosion in your mouth with every bite! Fortunately, I made these two-bite size so as not to have chocolate all over little hands and faces…which then ends up being on counters…and walls…and refrigerator…and door knobs…and toys.
I know it’s hard to tell from the picture, but I made these brownies in the mini muffin tins, using liners, of course, because I don’t like cleaning baked-on brownies off baking pans. Feel free to use the mini pans or regular size pans. You’ll need to adjust cook time for large brownies. I baked mine for 12 minutes which left the center slightly gooey. For large brownies bake from 15 to 18 minutes, just be sure to keep an eye on them. Chocolate desserts are easily over-cooked. You’ll want the top to still be glossy. They will continue to cook once removed from the oven for a minute. They’ll also firm up as they cool so be cautious! Also, using liners isn’t a necessity, but like I said I hate clean up and I find it much easier, especially if I’m taking the brownies to a function to use liners.
- 1 c butter room temp
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate chopped
- 2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup to 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melt 1 c butter and 4 oz chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stir. Heat at 30 second increments and stirring until melted.
- Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and salt together. Pour chocolate mixture into dry ingredients and combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Don't over mix. Pour batter into prepared muffin or mini muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (for minis) 15 to 18 minutes for regular size muffins. Remove from oven and immediately press chocolate into center.
I find the mini chips work better if you're making mini muffin tins.For regular size muffins tins, you will yield 24 to 30 browniesRecipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula