Strawberry Overnight Oats is a super easy, nutritious, and delicious breakfast with just four ingredients!
STRAWBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
Overnight oats are super easy to make. They’re a nutritious yet quick breakfast that takes just a few minutes to make the night before.
Ideally, the oats need to soak in the mixture for at least 6 hours. However, if you forget to mix them together the night before, you can do it in the morning and microwave them for 30 seconds to 1 minute to speed the softening process.
If you notice, I used cottage cheese in this recipe. If you don’t like cottage cheese, feel free to substitute low-fat Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is what I used in my other overnight oat recipes. You can get the full recipe for Easy Overnight Oatmeal here.
Additionally, you can change the fruit to your favorite or whatever fruit is in season. As well, you can add any nut butter (almond butter or peanut butter) if you choose and granola makes a satisfying addition.
Oats are one of the healthiest grains in the world with many health benefits. Oats are
- High in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber
- Have shown to aid in weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, and lower cholesterol levels
- Studies show they also reduce the risk of heart disease
HOW LONG DOES THIS RECIPE TAKE?
Literally, it takes less than 5 minutes to make the oats.
The oats will be soft and ready to eat after about 3 hours in the refrigerator. However, I like to leave them at least 6 hours. You can prepare several servings, keep them refrigerated, and you’ll have breakfast ready all week.
If you forgot to make the oats the night before you can pop them in the microwave for 1 and 1/2 to 2 minutes and they’ll be ready to eat.
Additionally, you can eat the oats cold. You can heat them just enough to take the chill off or you can microwave them until hot then enjoy. Honestly, I like them cold or hot!
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- Healthy Oatmeal Date Breakfast Cookies
- Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oats
- Greek Yogurt Berry Parfait
- Blueberry Mango Overnight Oats
- Pineapple Cobbler Overnight Oats
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Strawberry Overnight Oats
- In a mason jar or other container with a lid, add the oats, milk, and cottage cheese (and honey, if desired). Stir and seal.
- Store overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, stir (eat cold or heat in the microwave) and add strawberries.
- Serve and enjoy!