I loaded this Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich with crispy bacon, super soft scrambled eggs, and lots of melty cheese. It’s a seriously delicious breakfast bite!
Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich Tips
- Bread. You can use sliced sandwich bread, bagels, or English muffins for this sandwich. As well, you can use regular or whole wheat slider buns.
- Bacon. You’ll need to cook the bacon before you put these sandwiches together. Therefore, allow a few minutes of prep time for that. You can make that beforehand and refrigerate it or purchase precooked bacon.
- Cheese. I enjoy cheddar on sandwiches. Next, you can substitute any cheese or whatever you have on hand.
- Protein. This would be a great recipe to use leftover holiday ham instead of bacon. Additionally, you can use cooked and drained sausage.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Overnight Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Casserole
- Best Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast pizza
- Breakfast Grilled Sausage Cheese
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated September 11, 2012. Furthermore, I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Did you try this recipe? Consider leaving a comment and a 5-star rating!
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- saute pan
- sheet pan
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 medium bagels or any bun or bread you want.
- 8 slices bacon cooked
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and cook until just soft-set. You can fry or scramble the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Slice the bagels in half and remove the top layer. Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup) and place the bottom rolls on it. Add a layer of cheese, egg, then cooked bacon evenly over the bottom of the bread. Return the tops of the rolls.
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes until the sliders are warmed through and the cheese is melted. Remove, slice and serve immediately.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index