The best breakfast, Sausage Pancake Tacos, is loaded with sausage and scrambled eggs then stuffed in a homemade pancake. Drizzle with maple syrup, gravy, or hot sauce for the perfect bite.
SAUSAGE PANCAKE TACOS
This is a delicious meal for breakfast, brunch, or dinner and a fun way to serve traditional breakfast items. My family loves all breakfast foods so we have breakfast for dinner regularly. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make which is always good for hungry teenage boys.
As well, it’s great for a crowd (and we always have extras at the table) since you can prep all the ingredients ahead of time. (However, I don’t recommend cooking the eggs beforehand.)
INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES
I added thyme, black pepper, and onion to the pancakes to make them savory. You can omit those ingredients and make traditional pancakes. In addition, you need
- All-purpose flour.
- Salt. For flavor.
- Baking powder and baking soda. For lift.
- Eggs. For a healthy sub you can use chickpea mash or tofu scramble.
- Milk. I used whole milk. You can sub soy milk or almond milk.
Furthermore, if you want to cut even more time off this fantastic breakfast, you can use store-bought pancakes or even a mix.
EQUIPMENT & UTENSILS YOU NEED
- large mixing bowl
- Large skillet
- Cutting board and knife
- 2 large rimmed baking sheets
- Measuring cups and spoons
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Place in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
HOW TO FREEZE SAUSAGE PANCAKE TACOS
Place on a plate and freeze for 1 hour. Transfer in a ziplock bag and freeze for up to 1 month.
HOW TO REHEAT SAUSAGE PANCAKE TACOS
Defrost completely before reheating. Reheat in the oven until warm through or on a skillet grease with
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- Breakfast Tacos with Bacon
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
- Cheese Blitz
- Chocolate Gravy
- Bacon and Sausage Quiche
- Sausage Cheese Scones
- No Yeast Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
SAUSAGE PANCAKE TACOS
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup (7.05 oz | 200g) all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 6.76 fl.oz (200 ml) whole milk
- 6 medium sausages
- 6 large eggs
- 3-4 medium mushrooms optional
- 3-4 grape tomatoes optional
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro optional
- Preheat your oven to 335°F | 170°C and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, salt, pepper, dried thyme, onion, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk all together. Add eggs and pour milk. Whisk all together to get a pancake batter.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Grease with a bit of oil. You will need ¼ cup of the batter to make 1 pancake. Cook pancake until bubbles form then flip to cook the other side until beautifully browned.
- Transfer on the baking tray. Place the tray in the oven and repeat the same process until no more pancake batter is left. Keep pancakes warm in the oven.
- In the meantime, in another skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Cook sausages and mushrooms. Remove and reserve on a plate.
- Bring the skillet back on the stove and add a bit of oil. Bring the skillet back on the stove and add a bit of oil. Crack eggs in a bowl and beat. Cook scrambled eggs in the skillet. (Or, if you prefer, you can fry the eggs.)
- Remove pancakes from the oven and place sausage, eggs, mushrooms, and cilantro on each pancake. Serve immediately.