Two Pesto Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella and Ricotta recipe is an amazingly perfect weeknight meal that comes together in minutes! With a two pesto base, every bite is a flavor explosion!
The reason this takes less than 30 minutes is that I used premade pizza dough and a rotisserie chicken from my grocer.
Most grocery stores have several different pizza dough products available. There are the canned, the premade and precooked ones that you just have to heat up, and frozen dough balls that you just thaw, roll, and cook. You can make homemade pizza dough if you prefer. Additionally, most pizza restaurants will sell you a ball of dough for $3 or $4.
As well, if you have leftover chicken it will work beautifully on this pizza. Try grilled, broiled, or baked chicken cut into cubes or shredded into bite-size pieces.
Furthermore, I am obsessed with Pickled Red Onions and enjoy them much more than raw onions on everything. You can use raw onions of any variety for this Two Pesto Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella and Ricotta.
Finally, I used a store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto and a store-bought, classic basil pesto as the ‘sauce’ for this pizza instead of traditional tomato sauce. You can use just one pesto, but the combination is outstanding. As always, you can make the pesto yourself, but I never have enough basil and almost always purchase it.
There are two cooking methods you can use. You may choose to cook traditionally in the oven. Or, you grilling is a great cooking option for pizza. Grilling adds a nice smokey flavor and makes the crust extra crispy.
How to Grill your Two Pesto Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella and Ricotta
- Heat grill to medium-high, approximately 375 degrees F.
- Build your pizza on the shallow pizza pan as indicated in directions below. You’ll want the crust to slide off the pan easily therefore, you may need to grease it liberally.
- Slide the pizza onto the grill and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through, the crust is crisp, and the cheese is melted.
- Watch carefully. Check pizza while cooking to make sure it’s cooking evenly. If you prefer you can bake on the grill on a pizza stone.
Two Pesto Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella and Ricotta
Yield 8 slices
Two Pesto Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella and Ricotta recipe is an amazingly perfect weeknight meal that comes together in minutes!
- 1 pizza crust
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 and 1/2 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped banana peppers
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease 12 inch pizza pan.
- Roll pizza dough into circle on pizza pan.
- Spread dough with basil pesto and sun-dried tomato pesto (see video).
- Add chicken, onions, and peppers evenly to pizza.
- Dollop ricotta cheese over toppings.
- Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until crust is crisp and toppings are hot and cheese is melted. (You can grill the pizza as well. For details, read specifics in post above.)
- Serve immediately.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.