Southwest Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles is a hearty, filling and delicious veggie based meal. Bonus? This plant-based protein cuisine is ready in just minutes thanks to MorningStar Farms!!
I was contacted by MorningStar Farms to try their new veggie-friendly Spicy Indian Veggie Burger, Garden Veggie Nuggets, and Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles. I made a Spicy Indian Naan Wrap with the Spicy Indian Veggie Burger as well as this Southwest Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles.
Southwest Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles
The Southwest Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles was filling and full of flavor. The Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles taste just like regular taco meat, even those meat lovers will love it. I enjoyed this taco style salad and I also used the Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles to make a Tex-Mex inspired pizza. (Simply layer your pizza crust with enchilada sauce, Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles, black olives, cheddar cheese and your favorite toppings. Bake until cheese is melted and crust is crisp. Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole.)
Both the Southwest Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles and the Tex-Mex Pizza were ready in less than 15 minutes. That’s a positive in itself!
MorningStar Farms has been on a mission for more that 40 years to take the Veg of Allegiance. What the heck is that you ask? It’s a pledge to swap meat for veggies for at least one meal a week for a year.
Why should you replace meat for veggies?
There are health benefits….
- Vegetables provides good-for-you fiber and veggie protein
- Veggie based diets tend to be lower in cholesterol and saturated fats than meat based diets
There are environmental benefits
- It can also help reduce carbon emissions and reduce some soil erosion
- Choosing plant proteins over beef can help save as much as 1,500 gallons of water per pound.
- Beef production requires 4.4 times the amount of water as it takes to produce soy.
- 2 cups MorningStar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 cups torn mixed spring greens
- 1/3 cup spicy ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream or Greek yogurt
- In a large skillet, combine MorningStar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles and water. Cook, covered over medium high heat for 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and simmer to desired consistency.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss the greens and salad dressing.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 serving plates.
- Top with MorningStar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Serve immediately.
If you like this Southwest Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles you may also like these healthy meals