Edamame Corn Avocado Salad is hearty, satisfying and full of flavor! This big, filling salad takes just minutes to make! And, just look at that vibrant color!
Edamame Corn Avocado Salad
A new trend is to eat plants only, no meat, one day a week. Can you do it? I highly recommend this salad for those some of your meatless meals. This recipe is hearty even though it’s meatless.
I find edamame to be filling and healthy. In addition to being a good source of soy protein, edamame is rich in healthy fiber, antioxidants, and vitamin K.
In addition, I put avocado in the recipe because they’re healthy and delicious. Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. Avocados are full of healthy, beneficial fats that help to keep you full and satiated.
Edamame Corn Avocado Salad is light and refreshing. The lime gives it a zing and really brightens up the flavor. You may want to add a good piece of crusty bread to round out the meal.
All your meatless meals don’t have to be salads. However, salads can be healthy (they can be unhealthy too!) and extremely diverse.
Additionally, I serve salads as a side dish and an entrée. I love they don’t require many steps or fancy cooking techniques, just a little time chopping.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Edamame Corn Avocado Salad
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 1 and ½ cup edamame I use frozen
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 large avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh-squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil I like this organic, virgin olive oil
- 8 large Romaine leaves I like to use the ones that form a cup
- 2 tablespoons cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a sauce pan of water to a boil. Boil corn and edamame for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the hot water with a slotted spoon, submerge immediately in ice water.
- Drain and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes and avocados.
- In a small bowl, add lime juice, salt, pepper and gradually add oil whisking as you add oil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Spoon salad mixture onto lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with cilantro.