This vibrant and fresh recipe, Grape Tomato Burrata Chicken Pasta, is a 30-minute comfort food entree your whole family will love.
GRAPE TOMATO BURRATA CHICKEN PASTA
Doesn’t this look fancy? Seriously, though, it is so easy. Cooking the chicken takes the longest amount of time but by cutting it into small-ish cubes it cooks in 7 to 8 minutes. As well, I used angel hair pasta because it takes just 5 minutes to cook. Of course, you can use any pasta but angel hair and ramen noodles will cook the fastest.
INGREDIENTS BURRATA CHICKEN PASTA
The full recipe with amounts and directions is further down on the recipe card. You can save this recipe as well as other favorite Call Me PMc recipes to your personal recipe box. (Information in the recipe card.)
- Olive oil.
- Chicken breasts. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Grape tomatoes. Or cherry tomatoes.
- Canned tomatoes, diced.
- Burrata cheese. If you don’t want to spend the money on burrata, it can be pricey, you can use ricotta or mozzarella.
- Black pepper.
- Garlic powder.
- Onion powder.
- Angel hair pasta.
- Fresh basil for garnish. Optional
This is a straightforward, easy recipe. Also, it cooks quickly because I cut the chicken small and used angel hair for the pasta. By using fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes, the recipe is fresh and bright. Furthermore, even with the gooey, creamy burrata cheese, it isn’t a heavy pasta. It’s a satisfying, quick meal for your busy weeknights. It’s really faster than fast food or take out and a lot healthier!
Friends, if you make this Grape Tomato Burrata Chicken Pasta, be sure to save it, leave a comment, and give it a rating! Finally, I love to hear from you and do my best to respond to every comment.
GRAPE TOMATO BURRATA CHICKEN PASTA
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts boneless skinless, or thighs cut into chunks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes washed and dried
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes undrained, like this
- 8 ounces burrata cheese like this
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- fresh basil for garnish
- Cut the chicken into chunks and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and half of the seasoning mixture. Toss to coat the chicken. (You can allow this to marinate a few hours if you have time.)
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Add the other 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and swirl around to coat the bottom. When the oil ripples, add the chicken.
- Cook the chicken 3 to 4 minutes on the first side then flip. Once you have flipped the chicken to the second side add the tomatoes to the pan.
- As the chicken and tomatoes cook, cook the pasta according to package directions to al dente. Don't overcook, angel hair pasta cooking in 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook the tomatoes and chicken for another 3 to 4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the tomatoes have started to burst.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes to the pan and the remaining seasoning. (I like a lot of seasoning but if you don't add part of it and taste and adjust it to your liking.)
- Stir in the cooked pasta.
- Cover and allow it to cook on low for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the lid and break the burrata apart and drop them into the mixture. Cover and let the burrata melt for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
This is my new favorite pasta! So good.
I love how simple this recipe was to make – but how complex the flavors were. So good!
Robin Donovan says
What a great idea! this pasta was delicious!