I made this Easy White Queso Dip recipe with three kinds of cheese. It’s spicy, creamy, and will become a new family favorite!
This is a quick and easy recipe for cheese dip and it has no processed cheese. That means it has no Velveeta or Cheese Whiz. And, yet, it’s just as creamy! There’s just real, quality cheese melted together and ready to dip.
Literally, you throw all the ingredients together in a bowl or slow cooker and heat it. It takes less than 10 minutes in the microwave.
I love cheese dip. It’s the reason I go to Mexican restaurants. Well, and the margaritas. 😎
I’m trying to incorporate some of my Mexican and Tex-Mex favorites in our meal rotation at home. With two teenage boys, it gets expensive as often as we all want it. These make these enchiladas, rice, and tacos recipes on the regular. I’ve also shared some favorite margaritas with you.
If you haven’t made White Queso, today is the day!
What is queso?
Chile con queso is sometimes called simply queso. This is an appetizer or side dish of melted cheese. Typically it’s processed cheese such as Velveeta with and chile peppers. It’s traditionally served in Tex-Mex restaurants as a dip for tortilla chips.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
While you’re here, check out these cheesy dips
Easy White Queso Dip
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese cut into cubes
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack cheese cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chiles drained (like this)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small to medium-size slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Stir to combine a couple of times during the cooking process. Turn to warm until ready to serve. Garnish with jalapenos and fresh cilantro if desired. Serve with chips.