Taco meets cheese for a melty, cheesy, comfort situation in my Spicy Chorizo Queso! A fantastic, shareable, warm, cheesy dip that’s easy to make and perfect for every party.
As the name indicates, this creamy queso dip is loaded with spicy chorizo sausage for a hearty and filling starter.
Spicy Chorizo Queso
Spicy Chorizo Queso
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup onions diced
- 1 jalapeno diced (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons green chilies chopped
- 10 ounces white American processed cheese Try Land O Lakes or El Viajero
- 6- ounce pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 8 cups Frito Scoops or tortillo chips
- Heat medium sauce pan to medium high. Add chorizo and diced onions (and jalapeno). Saute' until chorizo is no longer pink and onions are translucent. Drain fat and add taco seasoning. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Melt cheeses and milk in a microwave safe bowl in 1 minute intervals, stirring after each minute, until cheese is melted. Stir in green chilies.
- To Serve: I prefer to add the melted cheese mixture to a serving bowl. Spoon chorizo mixture in center. Top with tomato and cilantro for a pretty little restaurant- style presentation. (or if you prefer just mix the whole thing together! It's more than likely going to be mixed together once Big Daddy gets in....er, I mean..... never mind...) Serve with Frito Scoops or tortillo chips
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.