Asian Lettuce Wraps with Skinny Sriracha Cream Sauce are full of healthy, flavorful ingredients and on the table in 20 minutes!
Are you looking for a healthy recipe that is still full of flavor? I started substituting lettuce wraps instead of wraps with carbs a few months ago with Big Daddy was trying to lose weight. These Asian Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Cream Sauce is a flavor explosion and they’re full of healthy ingredients so you can feel good about downing several of them!
I have loved Sriracha hochilile sauce since before it became wildly popular. I like spicy food and I like that CHA! by Texas Pete Sriracha sauce offers heat and flavor without calories making it perfect for this recipe. I chose to make a Skinny Sriracha Cream Sauce to top my lettuce cups, but a lot of the time I squeeze CHA! by Texas Pete straight on my food.
Texas Pete has a great reputation. These hot sauces have been a staple on southern tables for decades and have been gaining popularity nationwide and in many other countries. Do you like hot sauce? I put it on salads, baked potatoes and scrambled eggs. I find that I save a ton of calories by putting CHA! on these foods rather than the traditional toppings. These days I’m all about saving calories where I can. How else can I indulge on this?
Thanks to lean ground turkey and vegetables, these wraps are hearty enough for the guys.
Asian Lettuce Wraps with Skinny Sriracha Cream Sauce
- 1 pound ground turkey I used 93% lean
- 2 tablespoon green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing or a Sesame Ginger Salad dressing
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 3/4 cup corn
- 3/4 cup edamame
- Lettuce leaves any variety of lettuce that you prefer
- Garnish with green onion and red bell peppersSauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Texas Pete CHA!
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- In a bowl, mix turkey, green onion, bell pepper, black pepper and salad dressing together Allow to sit 10 minutes.
- Stir together all sauce ingredients and refrigerate.
- Heat a saute pan to medium high. Add turkey mixture and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until turkey is not longer pick. Add hoisin and stir.
- Remove meat from skillet and add corn and edamame. Cook through until hot. Cooking until a little charred wil add more flavor, I cooked until dark spots were visible without it being burned.
- Mix turkey, corn and edamame together.
- Spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves, top with green onion and red bell peppers, if desired. Squeeze lime juice and pour over turkey cups along with lime zest.
- Drizzle sauce over all. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Serve Asian Lettuce Wraps with these!