Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons are spicy, crispy crowd-pleasing bites of bacony goodness!
I know it’s August, but I’ve been testing new tailgating recipes recently. Even though it’s blazing hot and doesn’t feel like football season, it’s actually just a couple of weeks away. You know, we take our football and tailgating seriously around here and by ‘around here’ I mean in the SEC. It’s pretty much a religion.
I was stuck in a rut last year taking Muffuletta and Rocky Road Brownies every week to our tailgate. Contrary to popular belief, we don’t fry everything here… just most of it. (haha) No, seriously, I rarely fry anything. When we do fry, I ask Big Daddy to do it outside on the grill side burner. You can’t get the fried smell out of your house!
What goes together better than bacon, football, cocktails and good friends? I came up with nothing, that’s why you got Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons! Sorry, you’re responsible for your own beer and friends.
These Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons would be my ‘Hail Mary’ if I were on The Next Food Network Star and had to win the final competition!
This is an easy peasy recipe. It has very few ingredients but every one of them serve a delicious purpose. As with any recipe, read through it fully before you start so that you know what’s coming.
It’s bacon month on the blog. I’m having a giveaway each week, you can enter below! Be sure to scroll past the recipe and see all the other recipes submitted for #BaconMonth
Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1 whole green onion sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 24 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil for fryingSauce
- 2 tablespoon soy can use low sodium
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- In a bowl, combine bacon, cream cheese, green onion, and Sriracha sauce. Mix well.
- Add approximately, 1/2 tablespoon mixture in center of wonton wrapper.
- Dip a brush or your finger in water and moisten edge of wonton. Press to seal.
- Repeat until all wontons are filled.
- Heat oil to medium-high.
- Add a few at the time to the hot oil and fry 1 to 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Drain on wire rack or paper towels.
- Repeat until all wontons are fried.Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk soy, honey and vinegar. Serve with wontons
‘); // ]]>