Easy and hearty, Crack Wontons are a two-bite appetizer recipe of wontons that are filled with creamy, flavorful Crack Chicken.
My family loves Crock Pot Crack Chicken. It tastes amazing and is so easy to make. What’s not to love?
It’s versatile too. When I needed a hearty appetizer, I immediately thought of doing something with Crack Chicken flavors.
These cups made with wonton wrappers are filled with a whole lot of goodness!
Crack Wontons uses ingredients you love and probably already have in your pantry. I used rotisserie chicken,
Then you’ll bake until they’re heated through and the cheese is nice and melted and bubbly.
- I like to use a mixture of Colby cheese and cheddar cheese. Cheddar cheese is oily. Using a combination keeps these from being so greasy. You may use all cheddar, or whatever cheese you have on hand.
- Leftover chicken is great for this recipe. However, to make prep time easier if you don’t have leftover chicken, purchase a rotisserie chicken. I would get a plain or mesquite flavor.
- Garlic powder and red pepper flakes added more flavor and heat to the recipe.
- You will have wonton wrappers left over from this recipe. Try making Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups, Bacon Cream Cheese Stuffed Wontons, Layered Sweet and Sour Asian Dip with Fried Wonton Dippers, or Easy Pot Stickers.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped you can boil, bake, grill, or use rotisserie
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Colby cheddar cheese reserve 1/2 cup for top
- 5 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 envelope (2 tablespoons) Ranch dressing dry mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- chopped green onions for garnish
- I like to make 20 appetizers with this amount of mixer. You can make more or less depending on how full you fill the wontons.
- Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press the wontons into the bottom of the muffin pan and up the sides slightly. This will be the crust.
- In a large skillet, mix the chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup cheese, Ranch dressing mix, garlic, red pepper, and bacon. Cook and stir until cream cheese and cheese is melted.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture over the wonton crust. Top with reserved Colby cheddar cheese and Panko bread crumbs
- Bake at 350 for 14 to 15 minutes or until wontons are browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with green onions. Serve warm or room temperature.
You can also find great recipes at Recipe Index k.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.