Layered Sweet and Sour Asian Dip with Fried Wonton Dippers. Sweet, sour and savory, this dip is unique and perfect for tailgating and entertaining
I’m in full tailgate recipe development mode! We need little pizzazz in our regular tailgating recipes this year so I decide to try recipes early this year.
I developed this Layered Sweet and Sour Asian Dip with Fried Wonton Dippers and couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome. It’s everything a dip should be. It’s creamy, tangy with a little crunch from the veggies on top.
I used a rotisserie chicken, but this recipe would be a great way to use leftover chicken. You could even use canned chicken if you desire.
I also used a store-bought sweet and sour sauce. Like I said, I wanted a super delicious, but very easy recipe. Tailgating recipes should be easy…and delicious!
With the use of rotisserie chicken, cook time on this appetizer recipe is low. In fact, you can use any leftover chicken, but I just love a rotisserie chicken.
You’ll simply layer the ingredients in a lage shallow dish, heat through and you’re ready to serve.
It’s just that quick!
This is a great dip for any party or potluck function you have. It makes a great game day appetizer because it’s so unique. You won’t have to worry about someone showing up with the same dip (most likely.)
I love this with fried wonton wrappers, but if you don’t have time to fry them (because they are hands on and time-consuming) purchase tortillas chips instead.
Layered Sweet and Sour Asian Dip with Fried Wonton Dippers
- 16 ounces cream cheese - can use low fat or fat free
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise - can use olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon ginger - I used the refrigerated prepared from Gourmet Garden you can also use fresh minced
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic - again I used prepared store bought
- 10 ounce jar Sweet & Sour- I used La Choy brand
- 1 and 1/2 cup chicken shredded or chopped
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2/3 cup grated or chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup green onions sliced thin
- 1 5 ounce jar water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup ramen noodles discard spice pack, break noodles into small pieces and toast lightly
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup bacon cooked and crumbledAdditional ingredients
- 12 ounce pack small wonton wrappers
- oil for frying wonton wrappers
- *optional salt for wontons
- In a small saute pan, add 1 tablespoon vegetables oil. Break noodles into small pieces and toast lightly
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, ginger and garlic until well combined. Spread on the bottom of your grill pan in an even layer.
- Top with Sweet & Sour sauce
- Mix chicken, soy sauce and hoisin, then layer over sweet and sour sauce
- Top with carrots, green onions, water chestnuts, toasted ramen noodles and bacon.
- Heat oil on medium high. Cut each wonton wrapper into 3 strips. Fry a few at a time careful not to crowd the pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on the first side, flip and fry another 30 seconds to 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Draw on pappers towels. Sprinkle with salt immediately after removing from oil if desired.
- Serve cold or room temperature
To enter the giveaway follow the prompts. First enter your email address and name, don’t worry noone will be able to see this information and it won’t be shared with anyone! Then you’ll be given a series of tasks. You can enter as few or as many as you’d like, the more tasks you do (accounts you follow) the more times your name will ‘go in the hat’ for the giveaway. So… the more you enter the better your chances of winning are! Good luck!
Don’t forget it’s #BaconMonth enter the weekly giveaway!
‘); // ]]>