Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups Recipe, I lightened up traditional Sloppy Joes without sacrificing flavor. This is perfect for snack, dinner or parties!
We love a quick #ManwichMondays meal. That means a quick, easy and tasty meal that I don’t have to spend more than 30 minutes making. Just what I need (and probably you do too) on busy Mondays! My Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups Recipe fits the bill perfectly.
My boys like smaller portioned foods and making this version of a Sloppy Joe is perfect. It’s less messy and smaller size means less cooking time. Which is great for us on weeknights.
I made this Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups Recipe with Original Manwich Sloppy Joe sauce. It’s a hearty sauce with a slightly sweet and tangy taste. It also comes in Manwich Bold and Manwich Thick & Chunky.
Lightened up Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups Recipe
I used a ground turkey in my Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups Recipe to cut out some of the fat and calories. With such a bold flavored sauce, you won’t miss any of the flavors that you traditionally think of as a ‘beef’ recipe. I also used wonton wrappers instead of a cornbread or biscuit crust. This also cuts down on the calories. Adding just a touch of Greek yogurt adds additional protein and flavor without any additional calories. If you choose, you can omit the cheddar to save even more. But, I totally had to have the cheese! Plus, this is a family meal, I have to sneak healthier options where I can that aren’t so noticeable that my boys still eat it. This was a complete #win with the whole family!
Sloppy Joe Wonton Cups Recipe
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup* Manwich Original
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 cup corn drained
- 1/3 cup black olives drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Garnish - green onion slices black olives, greek yogurt**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place wonton wrappers in the bottom of a standard size muffin tin. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey and onion is a sauce pan.
- When browned at sauce, corn, olives, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Simmer until all ingredients are heated through.
- Remove wonton cups from oven. Fill with approximately 2 tablespoon sloppy joe mixture. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Return Sloppy Joe Cups to oven and bake 7 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Please note, I did not use the whole can of sauce. You can substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt. You could also add 1 cup rinsed black beans if desired.