Sloppy Joe Quesadillas turns your favorite childhood sandwich into a quick, griddle Tex-Mex treat!
I’ll have to admit, I had a lot of fun with this post! In the mail, I received three Hunt’s Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce flavors to try. It’s been a while since I’ve had a Sloppy Joe. I cook mostly from scratch. That doesn’t mean I cook only from scratch. I take shortcuts. easy recipes, and convenient add-ins. As well, I get tons of inspiration from commercials!
Recently, this blog has become a full-time job. I love it, but it keeps me busy! Wesley’s been busy at work. Lincoln and Ryder started school and are busy with all the activities that come with that. I was ecstatic at the chance to try all three Manwich flavors; Original, Bold, and Thick and Chunky. At least I knew what we’d be having for dinner two nights this week!
Hunt’s Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce is hearty. The original flavor is slightly sweet and tangy. It’s made with quality ingredients that are free of artificial flavors and preservatives. AND, it offers a full serving of vegetables! (shhhhhh!)
I served the Original flavor, well, in an original way… on a bun. I did add grated cheddar cheese to them. It was fab, all juicy and tangy just like I remembered.
I made these according to the directions on the can using 90% lean ground beef. However, I used slider buns and topped the meat with two tablespoons of cheddar cheese, since my boys like the small buns better.
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
As I was cooking the Thick and Chunky flavor, it reminded me of a taco I only had a couple of hard taco shells and Lincoln ate them before I could get pictures taken. He’s my picky eater, the fact that he loved it is quite the endorsement!
I did have flour tortillas and decided to try quesadillas. I couldn’t wait to finish these pictures so I could dig into these babies!
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 16 ounces Hunt's Manwich sauce any flavor, I used Bold
- 1 and ⅓ pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 ounces muenster cheese , grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cook hamburger meat and drain. Add Manwich sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute' pan to medium. Add oil. When the oil gets hot add one flour tortilla.
- Top tortilla with meat and sauce then top with cheese and another tortilla.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the tortilla is brown. Flip and brown the other side.
- Repeat with other tortillas, sauce, and cheese. Cut into wedges and serve hot.