Sloppy Joe Quesadillas are hearty, meaty, cheesy, and a family favorite meal. This recipe turns your favorite childhood sandwich into a quick and easy Tex-Mex treat!
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
This makes a delicious and hearty meal. It’s economical, everyone loves it, and it easily customizable. Try serving it over hotdogs, tortilla chips, and over corn chips.
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas Ingredients
The ingredients are short and simple for this recipe.
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
- 16 ounces of Hunt’s Manwich sauce or homemade Sloppy Joe sauce recipe below in the recipe card.
- Ground beef. I like to use a lean ground been, but the higher the fat content the more flavorful it will be so choose accordingly. You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken.
- 6-inch tortillas. You can use gluten-free if desired.
- Muenster cheese. You can substitute cheddar, Colby, Pepper Jack, Monterrey, or any other good melting cheese.
- Oil. A good nuetral flavored oil.
- You can also add bell peppers and/or onions if you want.
Make it spicy
Is you like a little heat, you can add ground cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, minced jalapeno, or my Sweet Heat Pickled Jalapenos. How much you add will depend on how spicy you want it. Start with a pinch and taste.
Brown the hamburger meat
Heat a 10-12-inch cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add the meat to the pan and break into large pieces with a wooden spoon. Let it cook for several minutes.
Next, break the beef up tinto smaller pieces as it cooks. Stir occasionally until meat is cooked and no pink remains. Drain if desired.
Use the cook beef immediately, refrigerate for up to 7 days, or freeze for 1 month.
You can cook the hamburger meat and sauce in advance and refrigerate or freeze it until you’re ready to cook. Thaw it in the microwave and then make the quesadillas. This makes getting a meal on the table super fast and easy!
I updated this post from an earlier version dated August 13, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Sloppy Joe Quesadillas
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box
- 16 ounces *Hunt's Manwich sauce any flavor, I used Bold
- 1 and ⅓ pounds 90% lean ground beef
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 ounces muenster cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
Making homemade sloppy joe sauce
- If you don't have canned sauce you can make it homemade. Mix ⅛ cup brown sugar (light or dark), ⅛ cup mustard, and ½ cup ketchup. Brown and drain the hamburger meat. Add the brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup to the meat and stir. Simmer for 5 minutes. Continue with step 2 below.
Using Manwich sauce
- Cook hamburger meat and drain. Add Manwich sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet or saute' pan to medium. Add oil. When the oil gets hot add one flour tortilla.
- Top tortilla with meat and sauce then top with cheese and another tortilla.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the tortilla is brown. Flip and brown the other side.
- Repeat with other tortillas, sauce, and cheese. Cut into wedges and serve hot.