This easy Shrimp Quesadilla Recipe is perfect for a quick dinner, snack, or game day treat. They are super easy to make and done in less than 15 minutes.
SHRIMP QUESADILLA RECIPE
Quesadillas and tacos are my go-to quick meals on busy weeknights. I’ve come up with a few Tex-Mex recipes that are faster than take-out. Plus, quesadillas, tacos, and nachos are a great way to use random leftovers in your fridge and pantry.
When serving quesadillas, it’s very simple to customize each one for different tastes.
You can use any cheese in quesadillas and they’ll be good. Even a combination of cheeses is good. Just note, allow the quesadilla to cool a few minutes after you remove it from the pan before you cut it. If you cut them while the cheese is still super hot, it’ll ooze right out of the quesadilla.
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Shrimp – Any size, fresh or frozen, unshelled
- Peppers – Red, green, yellow, or orange bell peppers
- Onions – Whatever variety you have on hand
- Jalapenos – Fresh or pickled, sliced
- Seasonings – You can use fajita or taco seasoning instead of pepper, paprika, and cumin if you prefer.
You can also fill your shrimp quesadillas with
- Chicken – cooked breasts or thighs
- Corn – fresh, roasted or grilled corn will add wonderful flavor, but canned or frozen will be good too
- Black beans – adds flavor, fiber, and nutrients
- Cheese – cheddar, pepper jack, Tex Mex blend
- Salsa – I love salsa verde (‘the green salsa’) for the earthy flavor but you can use any salsa or a combination of both
Additional toppings you can use are
- Sour cream
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
I updated this post from an earlier version dated May 6, 2013. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Shrimp Quesadilla Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ½ pound shrimp peeled
- ¼ cup red pepper diced
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese shredded
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno diced
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoons roasted salsa verde
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 medium mango diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat a saucepan to med-high.
- Add salsa verde and shrimp. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and curl into a 'C'.
- Remove vegetables and shrimp from the pan. Add one flour tortilla to the pan. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, half the vegetable and shrimp mixture, and another 1/4 cup cheese. Top with one flour tortilla.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Flip to the second side and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from pan, allow to cool, then slice into wedges.
- Serve topped with fresh mango, salsa verde, and cilantro. Serve