Muffuletta on a Stick makes a simple, elegant, and fun appetizer! They’re perfect for any party, can be made ahead of time and they’re super simple to make!
MUFFULETTA ON A STICK
Turning a muffuletta into an appetizer on a stick is a fun way to entertain. The novelty of it makes it special and easier to eat than a 4-inch tall muffuletta sandwich. As well, with so many people doing a low carb diet now, they can stick to their eating plan even at a party.
You can make these up to four hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate them. This will free up time to prep whatever else needs to be done.
If you’re not familiar with a Muffuletta sandwich, here’s a photo. Click on the photo for the recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR MUFFULETTA ON A STICK
- Cotta salami
- Pimento stuffed green olives
- Black olives or another pickled pepper
Really you can substitute any meat, cheese, or pickled vegetable for these. However, these are classic muffuletta ingredients.
When choosing items and building your skewers think about using different colors, shapes, and flavors. Next, simply create an appealing pattern with your ingredients.
WHAT TO SERVE AT A PARTY
I enjoy entertaining, especially have a cocktail party with appetizers. Hop over and read my post Cheap and Easy Party Food and Tips for more ideas.
- Of course, a charcuterie board or jarcuterie is appropriate for any gathering. You can even serve these skewers on your charcuterie board.
- Salami Rolls
- Sweet Heat Pickled Jalapenos
- Hot Honey Brie Pecans Bites
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Blue Cheese Grape Tart (copycat Cuvee’ restaurant
- Whipped Feta Bruschetta
SHOP THIS POST
I updated this post from an earlier version dated Sep 25, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Have you tried this recipe? Please consider leaving a 5-star rating and comment.
Muffuletta on a Stick
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ¼ pound cotta salami sliced or cubed
- ¼ pound pepperoni sliced or cubed
- ¼ pound ham sliced or cubed
- 8 ounces provolone cheese cubed
- pimento stuffed green olives
- black olives, roasted red peppers, marinated mushrooms options
- Stack salami, pepperoni, and ham on top of each other roll-up. Stick skewers about 2 inches apart through the roll.
- Slice, cleanly and carefully, between each skewer. Push meat onto the skewer and up 3 to 4 inches.
- Thread an olive, cheese, etc onto the skewer. You can do them in any order.
- These can be made hours before the party and refrigerated.