This New Orleans classic, Central Grocery Mini Muffuletta Sandwich, is full of meats, pickled vegetables, and olive salad. It’s easy to assemble and easy to polish off.
When I think of New Orleans, I think of beignets, bbq shrimp and muffulettas. Central Grocery holds the standard by which all muffulettas are compared. That’s a high bar to reach, much less surpass!
Central Grocery Mini Muffuletta Sandwich
After falling in love with Central Grocery’s muffuletta years ago, it became a tailgating tradition for us to take it to every home game. It’s an awesome sandwich with complex flavors. As well, it’s especially good for tailgating because it doesn’t contain mayonnaise. Therefore, it can sit at room temperature longer.
Furthermore, I mixed it up from my normal muffuletta with these minis. However, you can get my traditional large sandwich muffuletta here. To mix it up, use small ciabatta rolls for a Mini Muffulettas.
You can also find my Muffuletta Sandwich here.
City Grocery Mini Muffuletta Sandwich
For the Sandwich
- 8 small ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 pound cotta salami sliced thin
- 1/2 pound ham sliced thin
- 1/2 pound pepperoni sliced
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese sliced
- 1 cup Olive Salad
- 1/2 cup Greek olives chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with pimentos chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled Italian vegetables
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Sandwich
- Split the rolls in half.
- Layer in this order: On the bottom half of each bun place the cheese, ham, pepperoni, and salami.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons Olive Salad, evenly, on top of the salami. Top with top bun.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and press tightly together and let sit 30 minutes to an hour. This will keep the salad and sandwich from falling apart so much when you try to eat it. You can refrigerate or serve immediately.
For the Olive Salad
- Combine all the Olive Salad ingredients, stir to combine. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.
Other sandwiches you will enjoy:
What’s your favorite sandwich? do you like Mini Muffulettas?
If you’ve tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.