Southern-inspired Cajun Burgers recipe – packed full of Cajun Creole goodness! Loaded with texture and flavor, these are some of the best burgers I’ve ever had!
This burger is packed with delicious ingredients. A true explosion of mouthwatering flavors!!
Cajun Burgers Recipe Tips
- First, when buying ground beef, select one that has at least 20% fat. It will be labeled 80/20.
- I used ground beef and pork sausage in this burger for the most flavor. You can just use beef if you prefer.
- Next, when forming the patties, handle the meat minimally and don’t compress the meat.
- And don’t press the meat when cooking it. You’ll press out all that flavor and moisture! Fat equals flavor and moisture and will produce juicy burgers. Extra-lean meats produce dense and dry burgers.
- You can always adjust the seasoning to your liking. I use this brand.
- I just love this quick and easy Remoulade Sauce. Mix it while burgers are cooking or earlier in the day. Trust me, if you have it made up you’ll find many ways to enjoy it.
I cooked my burgers on the stove, but you can also grill.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Try one of these sauces with your burger!
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used
I updated this post from an earlier version dated October 4, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- ¾ pound ground beef
- ¼ pound pork sausage
- ¼ cup onion diced
- ¼ cup red pepper diced
- ½ teaspoon salt if desired
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 medium buns
- Lettuce, tomato, cheese, remoulade, and any desired toppings
- Cook onion and pepper on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, sausage, onion, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until they reach 160°F.
- Spread buns with a little butter, then toast buns in a skillet until lightly browned.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with desired toppings.
Definitely the best burger I’ve had! Very flavorful!
Super loved it! It’s really delicious! Thanks a lot for sharing this! it’s really tasty! 🙂
Sandra Shaffer says
Wow, now this is the kind of burger I like to sink my teeth into! The mix of beef and pork is the way to go!
Deeba Kalanchvi says
I really like your Cajun Burgers Recipe. I will try it this weekend.
Paula, thanks for your lovely links in to Food on Friday. I am getting so hungry reading all the recipes! Cheers
Jillian Nicole says
I love anything that is burger and this looks really good. This would be a good treat for the adults on Halloween Eve.
I am following you now and would love for you to follow back.
Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen says
Great idea for a seasoned burger! And that sauce sounds great!
Thanks for linking up to MTM Mondays!
Self Sagacity says
The kids love burgers, it should be one of my regular menu items.
Yum yum. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!
heidi elliott says
Adding Cajun spice is a great idea. I'll have to try that next time. Thanks!
Domestically Seasoned says
That burger looks so tasty. Checking out your other recipes.