Southern-inspired Cajun Burgers are packed full of Cajun-Creole goodness! They aren’t all that spicy but it is one of the most delicious burgers I’ve ever had.
Cajun Burgers Tips
- When buying ground beef, select one that has at least 20% fat. It will be labeled 80/20.
- When forming the patties, handle the meat minimally and don’t compress the meat.
- And don’t press the meat when cooking it. You’ll press out all that flavor and moisture! Fat equals flavor and moisture and will produce juicy burgers. Extra lean meats produce dense and dry burgers.
- You can always adjust the seasoning to your liking. I use this brand.
Try one of these sauces with your burger!
- cast iron skillet
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound pork sausage
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 slider buns
- Cheese slices- optional
- Cook onion and pepper on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, sausage, onion, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Pat out in burgers sized to fit your buns, mine were about 2 and 1/2 inches. Cook in skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink on the inside. (You could grill instead of cooking in a skillet)
- Spread buns with a little butter, then toast buns in skillet until lightly browned.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with desired toppings.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.