Southern-inspired Cajun Burgers Recipe – packed full of Cajun Creole goodness! Loaded with texture and flavor, these are some of the best burgers I’ve ever had!
This burger is packed with delicious ingredients. A true explosion of mouthwatering flavors!!
Cajun Burgers Recipe Tips
- First, when buying ground beef, select one that has at least 20% fat. It will be labeled 80/20.
- I used ground beef and pork sausage in this burger for the most flavor. You can just use beef if you prefer.
- Next, when forming the patties, handle the meat minimally and don’t compress the meat.
- And don’t press the meat when cooking it. You’ll press out all that flavor and moisture! Fat equals flavor and moisture and will produce juicy burgers. Extra-lean meats produce dense and dry burgers.
- You can always adjust the seasoning to your liking. I use this brand.
- I just love this quick and easy Remoulade Sauce. Mix it while burgers are cooking or earlier in the day. Trust me, if you have it made up you’ll find many ways to enjoy it.
I cooked my burgers on the stove, but you can also grill.
While you’re here, check out these recipes
Try one of these sauces with your burger!
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used
I updated this post from an earlier version dated October 4, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
- Cook onion and pepper on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, sausage, onion, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and ground pepper until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until they reach 160°F.
- Spread buns with a little butter, then toast buns in a skillet until lightly browned.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with desired toppings.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.