I turned the famous sandwich into a Kentucky Hot Brown Burger! It’s hearty, delicious, and a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken.
I have been Kentucky Hot Brown nuts lately. I made Kentucky Hot Brown Mac ‘n Cheese and now this Kentucky Hot Brown Burger!
Before we get to that, how was your weekend? Did your team win? Mine did. A win makes for a happy Big Daddy! With all the ongoing saga of life with a fifth-grader, having a happy Bid Daddy has not been common recently.
I don’t remember having a particularly tough fifth-grade year when I was in school. I loved school so I really didn’t have a bad year. Well, there was tenth-grade chemistry. I ended up with a C but that was only because I had good lab grades. Basically, I didn’t blow up the school so I got an A on all our lab assignments which brought my less than stellar test grades up. It was the only C I received in high school, not that I”m still holding a grudge or anything….
Kentucky Hot Brown Burger
I’m thinking that if I made it through that chemistry class surely, I can get my child through fifth grade! I’ll report back in May!! Did you like school? Do your children like and do well in school? I need tips to get me through this school year!
Meanwhile, I’ll continue cooking amazing comfort food for him and you! Like this Kentucky Hot Brown Burger! I mean, have you ever heard of such? The flavors are just too good; bacon, cheese, chicken…did I mention bacon?
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- 10 Burgers you need to make now
- Baked Cheddar Roast Beef Sliders
- Pull-Apart Pesto Chicken Sliders
- Grands Ham Biscuit Sliders
Kentucky Hot Brown Burger
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound ground turkey I used 83% lean
- 1/2 cup onion died and caramelized
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp
- 6 slider buns
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- Romaine lettuce 6 pieces
- Cheese Sauce half this recipe>https://www.callmepmc.com/bechamel-sauce-cheese-sauce/
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add burgers cooking 5 minutes, turn to second side and cook an additional 4 minutes. Do not squish burgers with the spatula, you will press all the flavorful juice out! Layer ham and bacon on burgers during the last 1 to 2 minutes of cook time to heat them.
- While burgers are cooking toast buns.
- Layer burgers, ham, bacon, cheese sauce, tomatoes and lettuce on bottom bun. Place top bun on and enjoy!