I turned the famous sandwich into a Kentucky Hot Brown Burger! It’s hearty, delicious, and a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken.
I have been Kentucky Hot Brown nuts lately. I made Kentucky Hot Brown Mac ‘n Cheese and now this Kentucky Hot Brown Burger!
Before we get to that, how was your weekend? Did your team win? Mine did. A win makes for a happy Big Daddy! With all the ongoing saga of life with a fifth-grader, having a happy Bid Daddy has not been common recently.
I don’t remember having a particularly tough fifth-grade year when I was in school. I loved school so I really didn’t have a bad year. Well, there was tenth-grade chemistry. I ended up with a C but that was only because I had good lab grades. Basically, I didn’t blow up the school so I got an A on all our lab assignments which brought my less than stellar test grades up. It was the only C I received in high school, not that I”m still holding a grudge or anything….
Kentucky Hot Brown Burger
I’m thinking that if I made it through that chemistry class surely, I can get my child through fifth grade! I’ll report back in May!! Did you like school? Do your children like and do well in school? I need tips to get me through this school year!
Meanwhile, I’ll continue cooking amazing comfort food for him and you! Like this Kentucky Hot Brown Burger! I mean, have you ever heard of such? The flavors are just too good; bacon, cheese, chicken…did I mention bacon?
While you’re here, check out these recipes
- 10 Burgers you need to make now
- Baked Cheddar Roast Beef Sliders
- Pull-Apart Pesto Chicken Sliders
- Grands Ham Biscuit Sliders
Kentucky Hot Brown Burger
- 1 pound ground turkey I used 83% lean
- 1/2 cup onion died and caramelized
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp
- 6 slider buns
- 2 Roma tomatoes sliced
- Romaine lettuce 6 pieces
- Cheese Sauce half this recipe>https://www.callmepmc.com/bechamel-sauce-cheese-sauce/
- Mix caramelized onions, paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, red pepper and turkey together. Divide into 6 equal sized burgers.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add burgers cooking 5 minutes, turn to second side and cook an additional 4 minutes. Do not squish burgers with the spatula, you will press all the flavorful juice out! Layer ham and bacon on burgers during the last 1 to 2 minutes of cook time to heat them.
- While burgers are cooking toast buns.
- Layer burgers, ham, bacon, cheese sauce, tomatoes and lettuce on bottom bun. Place top bun on and enjoy!
These burgers would be so good with my Skillet Potatoes
Twice Baked Potato Casserole!
For more scrumptious recipes, fun projects, and exciting news, subscribe to Call Me PMc via email.