Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders Recipe the traditional open-face sandwich is turned into a hand-held treat perfect for game day. It is indescribably delicious with various flavors and texture.
Are you surprised at this Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders Recipe? If you’ve been a reader of callmepmc.com for very long, you probably realize that I love the flavors and textures of a Kentucky Hot Brown. I shared with you the traditional Kentucky Hot Brown, a Kentucky Hot Brown Mac and Cheese and finally a Kentucky Hot Brown Burger.
So, yeah, it’s a favorite.
Why Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders Recipe?
I was trying to think of a hearty slider recipe that I could serve at a Super Bowl party. I also wanted it to be unique and came up with this Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders Recipe. It didn’t disappoint.
This sandwich recipe has a smokey flavor from the turkey, creamy texture from the cheese and white sauce, then salty bacon is always a great addition. Finally, the caramelized onions give a slightly sweet flavor and really makes this slider a winner.
This would be a good recipe for tailgating, picnics, or a great way to use leftover turkey during the holidays. Because of its history, these sandwiches are great for a Kentucky Derby party.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders Recipe
- 6 slices turkey I used a smoked turkey breast
- 6 slices ham I used deli ham
- 6 slider buns
- 6 slices mild cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon cooked crisp
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine*
- 2 tablespoon self-rising flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil to a skillet and saute onions until they are translucent and browned.
- Cook bacon.
For the Sauce
- To another saucepan, melt butter* on medium heat. Add flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add milk, salt and pepper, and whisk. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat immediately after it reaches the boiling point then simmer until ready to ladle on sliders.
Assemble the Sandwich
- Layer turkey, bacon and cheese on the bottom half of bun. Add caramelized onions to the top half of bun. Broil in oven until cheese melts. Remove from oven. Ladle white sauce over cheese and place top bun on the slider.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!