Kentucky Butter Sauce Pound Cake, crazy moist and buttery, this cake is delicious. It’s definitely a winner and a recipe you’ll want to keep.
Kentucky Butter Sauce Pound Cake is different than most other pound cakes I’ve tested in my Pound Cake Series. This cake does not have the dense, fine texture that most traditional pound cakes have. Instead, it is more like a sponge cake with a light, fluffy texture.
Furthermore, because of the glaze that poured onto the cake while hot allowing the sauce to seep into the cake, this cake is very moist. It reminds me a lot of a Tres Leche Cake or a bread pudding. Now, don’t get me wrong, that’s a good thing. This is a very good cake and one that I will make over and over again. It’s just not your typical (traditional) pound cake.
Sometimes less is more and this is a tasty, basic cake that’s good served plain, with vanilla ice cream and chocolate or caramel sauce, or with fresh fruit.
Kentucky Butter Sauce Pound Cake, crazy moist and buttery, this cake is delicious. It's definitely a winner and a recipe you'll want to keep.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy and light in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add flour mixture alternatively with the buttermilk beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix until just combined.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in thickest part comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
- Start glaze during the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking time.
- In a saucepan, combine the 3/4 cup sugar, 6 tablespoon butter, and 1/4 cup water.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not boil.
- Add vanilla to the mixture after it is removed from the heat source.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Immediately poke holes in cake with a long skewer.
- Pour hot glaze over cake and allow it to soak into the cake.
- Loosen the cake from the pan with a knife while it still hot, but do not remove the cake until it is cooled. (It can be slightly warm but not hot or you risk it falling apart.)
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also enjoy these recipes
click photo below for all the pound cake recipes