- If you’re not a fan of alcohol, you can use this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Barbecue Sauce instead of the Bourbon barbecue sauce.
- I like cheddar on a beef burger, you may use your favorite cheese or whatever you have on hand.
- Also, I made sliders, but feel free to make regular size burgers.
- For a little heat, I added jalapenos. Simply leave them off if you don’t like them.
- As well, the addition of lettuce and tomato will brighten the taste of this sandwich.
- Finally, this recipe is easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 Tablespoons jalapeno peppers optional
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 3 Tablespoon bourbon or whiskey
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 buns slider size
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- In a small pan, heat bbq sauce and bourbon. Bring sauce to a boil and boil 1 to 2 minutes so that all the alcohol cooks out; stirring constantly. Simmer sauce until meat and onions are ready.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees. (You can also cook on the stovetop. Heat skillet to medium-high.)
- While the grill is heating, divide the meat into 6 equal patties, sized to fit your slider buns. (You can make regular size patties if desired.)
- Salt and pepper both sides of meat. Cook burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Melt cheese over the burgers, then remove from heat.
- Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons butter on buns and toast.
- To make sandwich layer burger with cheese, onions and peppers, and bbq sauce on buns. Serve immediately.