Bourbon Burgers, I can almost 100% guarantee this burger recipe will make the man in your life happy!
Bourbon burgers are smothered with a slice of cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, caramelized onions, and bourbon-spiked barbecue sauce!
First of all, let me begin by telling you that the bourbon in this recipe is in the barbecue sauce. This is an amazing burger even if you leave the bourbon out of the recipe. After all, it has bacon on it. Bacon pretty much makes everything better.
The bourbon does cook out leaving just the flavor. Omit it if you prefer, there really is no substitution.
Bourbon Burgers aka Whiskey Sliders… whatever you prefer to call them. I call the ‘good’! They’re boozy and beefy; a match made in heaven!
This is a quick weeknight dinner meal and perfect for tailgating or game day in front of the television.
- If you’re not a fan of alcohol, you can use this easy recipe for Slow Cooker Barbecue Sauce instead of the Bourbon barbecue sauce.
- I like cheddar on a beef burger, you may use your favorite cheese or whatever you have on hand.
- Also, I made sliders, but feel free to make regular size burgers.
- For a little heat, I added jalapenos. Simply leave them off if you don’t like them.
- As well, the addition of lettuce and tomato will brighten the taste of this sandwich.
- Finally, this recipe is easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
make barbecue sauce
build your burger
The ultimate burger recipe, Bourbon Burgers, are smothered with cheddar cheese, bacon, caramelized onions and bourbon barbecue sauce!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound ground chuck
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 Tablespoons jalapeno peppers optional
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 3 Tablespoon bourbon or whiskey
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 buns slider size
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- In a small pan, heat bbq sauce and bourbon. Bring sauce to a boil and boil 1 to 2 minutes so that all the alcohol cooks out; stirring constantly. Simmer sauce until meat and onions are ready.
- Heat grill to 400 degrees. (You can also cook on the stovetop. Heat skillet to medium-high.)
- While the grill is heating, divide the meat into 6 equal patties, sized to fit your slider buns. (You can make regular size patties if desired.)
- Salt and pepper both sides of meat. Cook burgers 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Melt cheese over the burgers, then remove from heat.
- Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons butter on buns and toast.
- To make sandwich layer burger with cheese, onions and peppers, and bbq sauce on buns. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? I'd love to hear from you. Comment below or mention & tag me on InstagramMention @Paula_callmepmc or tag #callmepmc!
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 806mg | Potassium: 298mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 526IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 9mg
Good served with Famous Potato Salad