Slow Cooker Crawfish and Shrimp is a classic Louisiana dish with a rich and flavorful sauce. It’s full of crawfish tails, shrimp, herbs, and spices.
I’m a huge fan of quick and easy weeknight meals. This slow cooker recipe meets those needs deliciously!
Slow Cooker Crawfish and Shrimp
If you haven’t tried it, it’s time to try this wonderful classic.
Since the crawfish season just kicked in, I couldn’t think of a better recipe than this easy family favorite recipe.
Technically, the crawfish season is from November to July. However, you’ll find that the best crawfish in the springtime, from late February until May. Ironically, it’s in full swing during Lent.
You can easily substitute frozen crawfish tails if fresh is not available.
This is a perfect family weeknight meal. Warm rice and a big loaf of hot French bread round out this meal nicely.
Slow Cooker Crawfish and Shrimp (EASY)
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 pound uncooked medium fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 c red pepper diced
- 4 medium green onions sliced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 lb crawfish tails cooked and peeled
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/8 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or 1 1/2 T dried parsley
- Hot cooked rice and crusty French bread
- Peel shrimp and devein; set aside
- Chop onion and next 3 ingredients.
- Heat slow cooker on high.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add chopped vegetables and garlic. Saute' over med-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour, cook stirring constantly, 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add diced tomatoes and next 3 ingredients to slow cooker. Add basil, thyme, oregano, salt black pepper and red pepper to slow cooker. (If using fresh parsley add it 10 minutes before serving. If using dried parsley, add now.)
- Stir and turn slow cooker to low. Cook on low 4 hours. Add crawfish and shrimp and cook 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on temperature of your slow cooker. Check at 30 minutes. If shrimp are pink, it's ready.
- Serve hot over rice with crusty hot French bread.
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Diane Balch says
This looks like an awesome crowd pleaser… I can see this being served while watching a football game. Gourmet game food. Thanks for sharing this on foodie friday.
Paula Jones says
oh, good, I prob put that too far away from the pic
Sorry – I just say the info at the bottom. Can't wait to try it.
I really like the recipe. What is the cake in picture #3? It looks great.
I really love the recipe. What is the cake that is numbered 3 in the picture? It looks great.
Thanks for linking in to Food on Friday, Paula. I hope you don't mind but I moved this one to the Slow Cooker edition rather than the Soup one. Have a great week!