Decadent and delicious, Dark Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cheesecake has a luscious chocolate flavor. Pecans and Bourbon are a classic combination and pair beautifully together in the topping of this cheesecake recipe.
DARK CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE
I love cheesecake and I really enjoy making cheesecakes. The flavors I used in this dark chocolate bourbon pecan pie cheesecake recipe is the perfect blend of all things decadent. Bourbon compliments chocolate and pecans beautifully. Of course, you can omit it if you choose. In this recipe, you can omit the bourbon and double the vanilla. Alternatively, you can use soda such as Coca-cola or Pepsi cola.
You can also omit the coconut in the topping. If you do I recommend replacing that amount with more pecans.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR DARK CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE CHEESECAKE
- Chocolate graham crackers. Crushed
- Brown sugar
- Butter. Melted
- Cream cheese. Softened, not light or fat-free
- Semisweet chocolate. Melted and cooled
- Eggs. Make sure they’re at room temperature then lightly beat them.
- Bourbon. I don’t cook with a spirit that I wouldn’t drink so I recommend a good tasting one. Bourbon in the topping of this recipe will not be cooked so you want it to taste good.
- .Vanilla extract
- Coconut. Flaked or shredded
- Pecans. Whole or chopped
- Heavy cream. At room temperature
HOW DO I STORE CHEESECAKE?
Cover your cheesecake in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. You do not want it to absorb any odors from the refrigerator. It will last 5 days in the fridge.
WHAT ABOUT FREEZING? CAN I FREEZE CHEESECAKE?
Yes, absolutely. You can freeze the cheesecake whole or in individual slices. To freeze wrap each slice (or the whole cheesecake) in plastic wrap then place it in a zip-top freezer bag. Squeeze as much air as you can out of the freezer bag. Write the date on the outside of your bags. For the best flavor and texture, you’ll want to eat it in less than one month.
You may also want to read
- How to make a graham cracker crust.
- For alcohol substitutions, hop over and read Alchohol Substitutions in Cooking.
- How to Bake the Perfect Cheesecake has an abundance of useful information for baking cheesecake.
You may want to make one of these easy cheesecake recipes
- San Sebastian Basque Cheesecake
- Epic No-Bake Butterfinger™ Cheesecake Pie
- Raspberry Strawberry No-Bake Cheesecake
- Pina Colada Ambrosia Salad
- Pecan Pie Influenced Dessert Recipes roundup
- Hawaiian Rolls Strawberry Cheesecake Sliders
Dark Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 and ½ cup chocolate graham crackers crushed
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 8 ounces pkg cream cheese softened, not light or fat-free
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate melted and cooled
- ⅔ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa
- 5 large eggs lightly beaten, room temp
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut flaked or shredded
- ¾ cup pecans whole or chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup heavy cream at room temperature
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon
- Gather your ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Wrap heavy-duty aluminum foil tightly around the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Spray inside of the pan with non-stick vegetable spray or Wilton cake release
- Crush the graham crackers. Melt the chocolate together and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar.
- Stir in butter. Press crumb mixture in the bottom of the pan and 1 inch up the sides. Bake crust at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- In the bowl of your electric stand mixer (or hand mixer), beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate, brown sugar, and cocoa. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in Bourbon and vanilla extract.
- Pour into crust.
- Place 1-inch water in a large pan, I use a 9x13 cake pan. Place it on the bottom rack. Place springform pan on the rack directly above the water.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until the center is just set and the top appears matte not shiny. Remove the cheesecake and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or overnight before cutting.
- Remove sides of the springform pan and gently remove the cheesecake.
- In a large saucepan, combine all the topping ingredients except Bourbon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 - 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in the Bourbon.
- Spread topping over the cheesecake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.