This New Orleans classic, Central Grocery Mini Muffuletta Sandwich, is full of meats, pickled vegetables, and olive salad. It’s easy to assemble and easy to polish off.
When I think of New Orleans, I think of beignets, po’boys, BBQ shrimp, and muffulettas. Central Grocery holds the standard by which all muffulettas are compared. That’s a high bar to reach, much less surpass!
Central Grocery Mini Muffuletta Sandwich
After falling in love with Central Grocery’s muffuletta years ago, it became a tailgating tradition for us to take it to every home game. It’s an awesome sandwich with complex flavors. As well, it’s especially good for tailgating because it doesn’t contain mayonnaise. Therefore, it can sit at room temperature longer.
Furthermore, I mixed it up from my normal muffuletta with these minis. However, you can get my traditional large sandwich muffuletta here. To mix it up, use small ciabatta rolls for a Mini Muffulettas.
The muffuletta sandwich is a true culinary masterpiece that combines a rich history with a symphony of flavors. Its origins rooted in the heart of New Orleans, this sandwich has transcended regional boundaries to become a beloved delicacy worldwide. With its harmonious blend of cured meats, tangy olive salad, and crusty bread, the muffuletta tantalizes the taste buds and offers a unique culinary experience.
Whether enjoyedMini Muffulettas as a quick lunch or a special treat, the muffuletta sandwich continues to stand as a testament to the power of food to bring people together and celebrate the vibrant tapestry of flavors that define our culinary traditions.
MORE SANDWICH YOU’LL LOVE!
- Sweet Tea Brined Chicken Cheddar Sandwich
- Brie & Fig Grilled Cheese
- Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese
- The Masters Pimento Cheese Sandwich
- Boy Scout Campout Bacon Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich
- Cajun Burgers
- Zesty Cuban Sandwich
City Grocery Mini Muffuletta Sandwich
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For the Sandwich
- 8 small ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 pound cotta salami sliced thin
- 1/2 pound ham sliced thin
- 1/2 pound pepperoni sliced
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese sliced
- 1 cup Olive Salad
- 1/2 cup Greek olives chopped
- 1/2 cup green olives stuffed with pimentos chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled Italian vegetables
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Sandwich
- Split the rolls in half.
- Layer in this order: On the bottom half of each bun place the cheese, ham, pepperoni, and salami.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons Olive Salad, evenly, on top of the salami. Top with top bun.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and press tightly together and let sit 30 minutes to an hour. This will keep the salad and sandwich from falling apart so much when you try to eat it. You can refrigerate or serve immediately.
For the Olive Salad
- Combine all the Olive Salad ingredients, stir to combine. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator overnight.