Creamy Barbecue Shrimp recipe is life-changing! These shrimp are creamy, savory, and a little spicy. Perfect for any occasion!
This Big Easy favorite is shrimp smothered in a creamy, buttery, and rich sauce.
Shrimp is one of my very favorite foods.
- First, shrimp cooks fast.
- You can alter the recipe easily for a few or a crowd.
- This recipe is great as an appetizer or entrée.
- Finally, Barbecue Shrimp can be elegant or down-home simple.
The first time I had BBQ Shrimp I was a little
surprised confused! Where’s the barbecue sauce? Where’s the grill?
But, boy oh boy, is it good!
But, you know me, I couldn’t leave well enough alone. I decided to add heavy cream to the sauce for Creamy Barbecue Shrimp.
Whew, Creamy Barbecue Shrimp is ‘slap yo momma good!’ (Have you ever heard that Southern saying? Do not go slap your Mother.
It just means it very, VERY good!)
Creamy Barbecue Shrimp
If you want the traditional BBQ Shrimp, don’t add the cream. It’s totally delish. If you want a little extra decadence make the creamy sauce.
I served this as an appetizer. I think it would be great over pasta as an entrée.
Traditionally, Creamy Barbecue Shrimp is made with head-on shrimp. I can’t do head-on shrimp, although it probably makes it more flavorful. Go for it if the heads don’t bother you!
Creamy Barbeque Shrimp
- 3-4 pounds jumbo shrimp shells on (you can do heads on if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 large lemons juiced, reserve 6 to 8 lemon halves
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons cracked back pepper
- ½ cup butter cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place shrimp in a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Add olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and hot sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place butter over shrimp. Smash garlic cloves and add to the pan. Add 6 to 8 juiced lemon halves to pan. Heat broiler to high.
- Place rack 6 inches from heat. Broil shrimp 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally for even cooking. Remove pan from the oven.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp from dish and place in a shallow bowl. Carefully strain drippings into a 2-quart saucepan. (discard lemon rinds and garlic) Heat sauce on medium heat. Add cream and whisk. When the sauce is hot, pour over shrimp.
- Serve with crusty French bread.
Find more shrimp recipes on callmepmc.com like this Creamy BBQ Shrimp here in the Seafood tab!