Boozy Strawberry Iced Tea, this boozy beverage is the perfect balance between being thirst-quenching and indulgent. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot day, and it’s sure to be the life of the party.
Boozy Strawberry Iced Tea
If you’re craving something special, the spiked strawberry tea is just the drink for you!
Summer isn’t complete until you’ve tried a glass of boozy strawberry iced tea. Sweetened with fresh strawberry puree, flavored with zesty lemon, and spiked with a splash of bourbon, this delicious and refreshing cocktail is the perfect way to enjoy the heat of the summer. Porch sitting and visiting is the best with this summer sipper, so pull up a chair and let’s have some fun.
Boozy Strawberry Iced Tea Ingredients
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Lemon juice
- Bourbon. Or rum or vodka
Bourbon Strawberry Tea Tips
- Freeze strawberries to use instead of ice cubes. This way your drink doesn’t get watered down.
- Granulated sugar works, but powdered sugar will dissolve more easily.
- Or, instead of a squeeze of lemon juice try freshly squeeze orange juice or lime juice.
- To save time you can purchase tea. I recommend Milo’s Sweet Tea or Milo’s Zero Calorie Tea.
- Furthermore, you can make your tea with artificial sweetner to save calories if you prefer.
- Instead of tea, try making this with lemonade! 😍
Yes, absolutely. For this particular drink simply leave out the booze and you’re good to go.
Yes. It’ll take more simple syrup than sugar in your cocktail since simple syrup has water in it. Start with adding 1/3 cup and add more if needed.
Make and chill simple syrup. It’ll keep in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks. Simple syrup recipes below.
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE SYRUP
Simple Syrup is an essential ingredient for many cocktails. It sweetens drinks without having the grit of granulated sugar. I stick with the basic 1:1 ratio of sugar to water.
- In a saucepan combine equal parts water and sugar.
- Heat over medium-high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the simple syrup to a glass storage container with a tight-fitting lid.
If you like bourbon, you’ll like these recipes too
- Raspberry Peach Bourbon Smash
- Fizzy Bourbon Lemonade
- Sticky Bourbon Chicken Skewers
- Bourbon Honey Steak Tips
- Woodford Reserve Bourbon Cake
- Bourbon Balls
boozy strawberry iced tea
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and quartered
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 cups brewed tea
- 4 ounces bourbon or rum or vodka
- Add the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice into a blender. Puree until completely blended.
- Strain the strawberry mixture if desired then pour the mixture into a pitcher. Add the tea and bourbon (or rum) to the pitcher and stir.
- Chill until ready to serve,