Sticky Bourbon Chicken Skewers is the perfect combination of sweet, tangy, and spicy. Soaking chicken pieces in a tasty, flavorful marinade and grilling them to perfection over high heat will give you a delicious dish that your whole family will love.
This easy grilled kabob recipe is delicious served with Famous Potato Salad, Glazed carrots, or Thai Peanut Noodles.
I’ll show you how to create the perfect grilled sticky chicken skewers with this fool-proof recipe, plus important tips and tricks to achieving restaurant-quality results. If you’re ready to bring the heat, let’s get grilling!
Sticky Bourbon Chicken Skewers
With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up this tasty, seasoned dish in no time. Perfect for summer cookouts, these sticky bourbon chicken skewers are bound to be the star of the show at your next gathering. Not only do they have an incredible flavor, but they are also a hit with both adults and kids alike.
Here’s what you’ll need for this chicken recipe
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and save the recipe to your personal and private recipe box right here on Call Me PMc. This way you’ll never misplace it.
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic clove
- Wood skewers
You can grill these on an outside grill or grill pan on the stove. I prefer this grill pan for inside.
This dish will hit all the right notes for family and friends. From tips for prepping to the best side dishes for serving, this article will provide everything you need to know to make the perfect sticky bourbon chicken skewers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, and Extreme Rice are excellent side dishes to serve with these Bourbon Kabobs.
Yes. You can prepare the sauce and marinate the chicken for 1 to 4 days. As well, you can freeze them in the marinade.
I wrote this post, Alcohol Substitutions in Cooking that I recommend you bookmark for reference. For bourbon in this recipe I would use apple juice or apple cider vinegar and maple syrup or brown sugar.
Sticky Bourbon Chicken Skewers
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
To Prep Ahead
- Cut the chicken, if needed, and thread them onto skewers. Transfer them to a resealable bag or container.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a resealable container.
- Store chicken and sauce ingredients in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To Make From Fresh
- Cut the chicken into long strips, then skewer onto your wood skewer. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the sauce to a large saucepan on medium heat. Bring it to a simmer, then lower the heat. Cook at a simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Add the skewers and turn in the sauce to coat.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through. This usually takes about 8-10 minutes. Turn occasionally to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Remove the chicken skewers from the pan and set aside. Spoon any remaining sauce into a bowl and use it as a dipping sauce for the chicken
Leave a Reply