This Extreme Rice has an amazingly rich flavor from the French onion soup, mushrooms, and pimentos. It’s an easy, side dish that goes perfectly with chicken, beef, and fish. This one-pan dish is a delicious meal side.
For dinner, I’d choose one protein item listed above, Extreme Rice, Caramelized Onion Tart, Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic, and Skinny Bailey’s Banana Smoothie (as dessert and after dinner cocktail!)
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered 45 minutes.
- Check casserole and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes if it still isn't set. The broth and soup should be almost all cooked out of the rice.
- Optional: Spread 1 cup grated cheddar cheese on top for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Actually, the almonds are optional as well. But, if you opt out of all the goodies, well it just would not be Extreme Rice.