Full of flavor, these BBQ Chicken Sliders are fun and easy sandwiches that are ideal for game day, potluck, or party.
These juicy sliders are also great for kids, as they provide just enough protein and flavor in each bite. The combination of smoky BBQ chicken, BBQ sauce, and cheese creates an amazing flavor that’s sure to tantalize even the pickiest of eaters.
In addition, this recipe can easily be prepped ahead of time and cooked in minutes. Whether you’re in search of a delicious game day snack or in need of an epic potluck dish, these sliders are sure to hit the spot!
BBQ Chicken Sliders
The full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. You can save a tree and the recipe to your personal and private recipe box here on Call Me PMc. This way, you’ll never misplace it.
- Brioche slider buns, Hawaiian buns, or your favorite rolls or buns.
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded.
- Barbecue sauce. I like Sweet Baby Ray’s or G Hughes is another good barbeque sauce as well and is low in sugar.
- Havarti cheese. Sargento is always good. Cheddar cheese would be good too.
- Butter. Salted or unsalted, your preference.
- Fresh thyme
- Onion flakes or fresh minced onions.
This recipe works because the ingredients are easy to find, it comes together effortlessly, they can be made in advance, and you can easily double or adjust the recipe to fit your needs.
Cheddar, Colby, Monterrey Jack, and Pepper Jack all pair nicely with barbecue sauce.
I have more slider recipes that you’ll enjoy. Try my
- Chicken Biscuit Bites
- Bacon Chicken Ranch Sliders
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Baked Cheddar Roast Beef Sliders
BBQ Chicken Sliders
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 12 medium brioche slider buns
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- 8 slices Havarti cheese
- ¼ cup butter melted, salted or unsalted
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken and barbecue sauce.
- Slice open the slider rolls and place the bottoms in the baking dish.
- Add the chicken mixture to each roll and then layer on the cheese. Place the tops of the rolls back onto the sliders.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, fresh thyme, and onion flakes. Spoon the mixture onto the tops of the sliders. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the foil and let the sliders bake for an additional 5 minutes to brown the tops of the buns.
- Remove the sliders from the oven and serve warm.