You can whip this Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese together in just a few minutes and it tastes like heaven! The after school snack just turned gourmet and I couldn’t be happier!
Sweet, salty, spicy, melty….aaaahhhh, doesn’t this look AMAZING?
Adding jam or preserves to a grilled cheese sandwich makes it so much better! I’m crazy about sweet and savory combinations. Smokey bacon, creamy muenster cheese, and sweet blackberry jam make a winning grilled cheese combo.
Even this simple strawberry jam cream cheese grilled sandwich is delicious. Even when I don’t have many groceries in the house, I typically have the ingredients to make it.
BLACKBERRY BACON GRILLED CHEESE
Making grilled cheese is pretty straight-forward. First, spread a thin even layer of butter on one side of your bread. It helps if the butter is soft. Ideally, you would use a nonstick pan, but a well-seasoned cast-iron pan will work. The most important thing, in my opinion, is don’t get your pan too hot. Heat the pan to medium or medium-low. You can press down gently on the sandwich to help it brown evenly. However, don’t smash it flat.
Of course, you want to eat it while it hot and the cheese is melty and gooey!
- Although I had bacon grease left from frying the bacon, I want butter on my grilled cheese. If you prefer, use the bacon fat to toast the bread.
- Muenster is one of my favorite cheeses. However, you can use any cheese or whatever you have on hand.
- For the bread, I used Dave’s Killer Bread the Powerseed variety. I like dense, chewy bread for grilled cheese. Again, you can use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
- Blackberry jam is my favorite jam. It was a delicacy when I was growing up because blackberries were hard to find. (We never bought jams and jellies. My mom made them.) Now, I keep a jar of this brand of blackberry jam in the fridge all the time. As well, you can use blueberry jam or sugar-free jam.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Double Fisted Fried Egg Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese
- Turkey Peach Grilled Cheese
- Brie & Fig Grilled Cheese
Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 slices bread I like a dense bread, like this
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bacon cooked and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons blackberry jam or substitute your favorite jam
- 2 slices Muenster cheese or your favorite cheese
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread with the butter side down in the skillet.
- Top one piece of bread with cheese then bacon.
- Spread jam on the other slice of bread.
- Put sandwich together and grill over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, check and flip when toasted. Cooking on the second side another 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted and cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately.