You can whip this Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese together in just a few minutes and it tastes like heaven! The after school snack just turned gourmet and I couldn’t be happier!
Sweet, salty, spicy, melty….aaaahhhh, doesn’t this look AMAZING?
Adding jam or preserves to a grilled cheese sandwich makes it so much better! I’m crazy about sweet and savory combinations. Smokey bacon, creamy muenster cheese, and sweet blackberry jam make a winning grilled cheese combo.
Even this simple strawberry jam cream cheese grilled sandwich is delicious. Even when I don’t have many groceries in the house, I typically have the ingredients to make it.
BLACKBERRY BACON GRILLED CHEESE
Making grilled cheese is pretty straight-forward. First, spread a thin even layer of
Of course, you want to eat it while it hot and the cheese is melty and gooey!
- Although I had bacon grease left from frying the bacon, I want
butteron my grilled cheese. If you prefer, use the bacon fat to toast the bread.
- Muenster is one of my favorite cheeses. However, you can use any cheese or whatever you have on hand.
- For the bread, I used Dave’s Killer Bread the Powerseed variety. I like dense, chewy bread for grilled cheese. Again, you can use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
- Blackberry jam is my favorite jam. It was a delicacy when I was growing up because blackberries were hard to find. (We never bought jams and jellies. My mom made them.) Now, I keep a jar of this brand of blackberry jam in the fridge all the time. As well, you can use blueberry jam or sugar-free jam.
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Double Fisted Fried Egg Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese
- Turkey Peach Grilled Cheese
- Brie & Fig Grilled Cheese
Blackberry Bacon Grilled Cheese
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 slices bread I like a dense bread, like this
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bacon cooked and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons blackberry jam or substitute your favorite jam
- 2 slices Muenster cheese or your favorite cheese
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread with the butter side down in the skillet.
- Top one piece of bread with cheese then bacon.
- Spread jam on the other slice of bread.
- Put sandwich together and grill over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, check and flip when toasted. Cooking on the second side another 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted and cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately.