Hot Honey Brie Pecan Bites, buttery crescent roll dough is filled with brie, pecans, and drizzled with spicy honey. These make a wonderful slightly sweet appetizer.
After I made these Brie and Onion Bites (and ate all of them myself!) I tried to think of similar recipes. I actually liked the following Brie and Pecan Cups recipe better than the Brie and Onion Bites because I always enjoy something sweet more. These had just the right amount of sweetness and with the creaminess of the cheese, it was just a sensory overload.
HOT HONEY BRIE PECAN BITES
- Crescent rolls, phyllo dough (or cups), and refrigerated pizza dough can all be used for this recipe. These premade products make this recipe very quick and easy. As well, they’re great for kids learning to cook.
- Brie, of course, you can use another melty and creamy cheese if you prefer!
- Pecans pair beautifully with brie, but almonds, cashews, or walnuts would be lovely too.
- Honey and cayenne pepper. I like to add a spicy kick to honey. You can use ground red pepper or a drop of hot sauce. However, if you don’t want spicy omit the cayenne pepper or hot sauce completely.
HOW TO STORE
- You can make these a few hours ahead of time and once cooled store them in an airtight container.
- If you make them a day before, you need to refrigerate them. You can warm them in the oven watch that they don’t get to brown.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
- Sausage Rotel
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Chile Cheese Dip
- White Queso
- Captain Rodney’s Dip
- Green Chile Cheddar Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Dip
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Finally, I updated this post from an earlier version dated October 23, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Hot Honey Brie Pecan Bites
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 can crescent rolls seamless
- 8 ounces brie cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup pecans whole or chopped
- 3 Tablespoons honey or agave coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 12 squares. Place squares into muffin tin slots.
- Cut the brie into cubes and place inside the crescent dough.
- Top with pecans.
- Bake until the crescent pastry is golden, about 15 minutes.