Hot Honey Brie Pecan Bites, buttery crescent roll dough is filled with brie, pecans, and drizzled with spicy honey. These make a wonderful slightly sweet appetizer.
These are great served with Whipped Ricotta and Blistered Tomato Bruschetta and Brussel Sprout Bites.
After I made these Brie and Onion Bites (and ate all of them myself!) I tried to think of similar recipes. I actually liked the following Brie and Pecan Cups recipe better than the Brie and Onion Bites because I always enjoy something sweet more. These had just the right amount of sweetness and with the creaminess of the cheese, it was just a sensory overload.
HOT HONEY BRIE PECAN BITES
- Crescent rolls, phyllo dough (or cups), and refrigerated pizza dough can all be used for this recipe. These premade products make this recipe very quick and easy. As well, they’re great for kids learning to cook.
- Brie, of course, you can use another melty and creamy cheese if you prefer!
- Pecans pair beautifully with brie, but almonds, cashews, or walnuts would be lovely too.
- Honey and cayenne pepper. I like to add a spicy kick to honey. You can use ground red pepper or a drop of hot sauce. However, if you don’t want spicy omit the cayenne pepper or hot sauce completely.
HOW TO STORE
- You can make these a few hours ahead of time and once cooled store them in an airtight container.
- If you make them a day before, you need to refrigerate them. You can warm them in the oven watch that they don’t get to brown.
MORE APPETIZER RECIPES
- Sausage Rotel
- Whipped Feta with Blistered Tomatoes
- Chile Cheese Dip
- White Queso
- Captain Rodney’s Dip
- Green Chile Cheddar Dip
- Cheesy Sausage Dip
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on the products used.
Finally, I updated this post from an earlier version dated October 23, 2012. I made new photos and simplified the recipe instructions.
Hot Honey Brie Pecan Bites
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 1 can crescent rolls seamless
- 8 ounces brie cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- ¼ cup pecans whole or chopped
- 3 Tablespoons honey or agave coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 12 squares. Place squares into muffin tin slots.
- Cut the brie into cubes and place inside the crescent dough.
- Top with pecans.
- Stir cayenne pepper and honey together. Drizzle over pecans. (If you use coconut sugar or brown sugar, I like to microwave it about 1 minute before adding it to this recipe to insure that the sugar melts.)
- Bake until the crescent pastry is golden, about 15 minutes.
SheShe VilJoen says
Would please tell if you used the brown sugar it wasn’t added in the instructions? I’m assuming use add when you put in the honey. Thank you
Apologies, that should be honey OR brown sugar. I fixed it.
Marlo RepurposeMyLife says
Yum! Thanks for sharing at RIW.
katies language cafe says
This looks delicious! thanks for sharing this at Katies Language Cafe's weekly recipe link up this week!~~Katie
Michelle Tasty Creations says
These sounds delicious. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Angela Celio says
Mmmmm! These look so good. I love brie. This looks like a must try!
Nicole @ WonkyWonderful says
Yummy – Brie anything! These look awesome.
Paula Jones says
thanks for hosting and visiting!
Savannah @ HammockTracks says
Oh these look delicious. Thanks for linking up at HammockTracks.
Still Woods Farmhouse says
Yum…yum…yum…! I adore brie, but sadly to say, I am the only one in the family that does. I have to wait until I have brie lovers around to make a recipe. BUT, with this recipe, I could just cook a couple! Love the list..I guess I needs to go buy some new jeans! Thanks for sharing!
I make something just like these and they are delicious!
Paula Jones says
LOL!! I totally agree!
Paula Jones says
thank you so much and I would agree, they were tasty!!
Oh my! Is there anything more delicious out in this world….??? I can't imagine anything at this moment….
hugs ~ Crystelle
Organized Island says
That is my kind of recipe – simple and tasty! Going to have to make those! I agree with your list, especially # 9. 🙂
Mel@Melly;s Mansion says
Umm great list – Adam Levine IS hot!
If I had to choose between these and Adam Levine it would be a really tough choice!
must love junk says
Oh, my! You're making me laugh (with your list) and making my mouth water (with those brie cups!) I'm your newest follower-I'd love you to visit 🙂
Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm says
Ooooh these are absolutely going on my Christmas appetizer list! Pinned it so I don't forget! Yummmm and thank you!