Ultra creamy and hearty, this Skillet Sausage Rotel Dip is made in one pan and is the ultimate appetizer, the perfect party food, a super duper epic dip! 😁 Three ingredients never tasted so good!
Seriously, it’s always a crowd-pleaser!
With just three simple ingredients, this dip is so easy and so good! Literally, it’s the first to be eaten at parties. Yes, it goes even before Buffalo Chicken Dip.
Sausage, cream cheese, and Rotel tomatoes are a great formulation of ingredients that yields a crazy good dip. I prefer this dip with tortilla chips or Scoops.
As well, this dip takes just 10 minutes from start to finish. Ten minutes and you can be enjoying the savory dip!
Skillet Sausage Rotel Dip
The sausage needs to be browned in a skillet first. The cream cheese and tomatoes can then be stirred into the sausage until the cream cheese melts. Or, you can place the cooked sausage, cream cheese, and tomatoes in a slow cooker.
I do recommend cutting the cream cheese into cubes for faster melting.
As well, you do not drain the tomatoes.
Skillet Sausage Rotel Dip
- I used full fat cream cheese.
- You can use pork or turkey sausage. Cook it in the pan, breaking up as you stir.
- As well, if the pork sausage renders a lot of fat, drain it before adding the cream cheese.
- Also, cut the cream cheese into cubes before stirring it into the cooked sausage.
- You can cook this in a skillet or transfer the cooked sausage to a slow cooker along with the cream cheese and tomatoes for the remaining cooking process.
- Finally, I use the Rotel brand of Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies. As well, I usually get the Original flavor. They come in Hot, Mild, Fire Roasted, Lime & Cilantro. Three are probably more, but I use Original. Any flavor would probably be good.
You may like these too
I created a fun group on Facebook and I’d love for you to join it! It’s a place where you can ask questions, see what’s new with Call Me PMc, and find new recipes from my blogger friends. If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounce Rotel tomatoes (Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies)
In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage until it's no longer pink. Drain excess fat from the pan.
Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to the pan with the sausage along with 10-ounces of undrained diced tomatoes and green chiles. Stir.
Stir until cream cheese melts.
Serve warm with tortilla chips, Scoops, potato chips, or crackers.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Thank you, Paula