A little tart, a little sweet, and completely refreshing, Pineapple Margarita will be your favorite cocktail this summer!
Really, it doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo or even summer for me to enjoy a margarita. I just have to be thirsty! Well, no, honestly, I associate margaritas with sitting around a table with my best friend, munching on salty chips, talking, and sipping a margarita. It’s that entire process mostly that I desire. Don’t underestimate girl time. I’ll never understand couples that don’t want their partner to enjoy time with their friends. I always come home refreshed, renewed, and with a greater appreciated for Big Daddy and my boys.
Of course, sitting around chatting and sipping a Pineapple Margarita with your partner is always fun too!
Basically, drink all the margaritas with anyone you like!
Pineapple Margaritas make a fun twist on the classic margarita. They’re simple to make and slightly sweeter than the traditional counterpart. I prefer fresh orange juice and fresh lime juice in my margarita. However, orange liqueur can be used instead of orange juice. Whatever you do, please don’t use bottled lime juice. It tastes nothing like freshly squeezed lime juice and, in my opinion, will ruin your drink.
You can do a sugar rim or salt rim (or neither) with this Pineapple Margarita. Whichever one you choose, zest the lime and mix into the sugar or salt before slicing it into wheels for a garnish. This adds another layer of flavor.
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces good quality tequila I like a silver tequila, Don Julio is a good one to try
- 1- ounce orange juice orange liqueur can be substituted
- 1 lime sliced into wheels for garnish
- 1 jalapeno sliced for garnish
- salt for rim
- Rim edge of two glasses with salt.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the pineapple juice, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously until chilled, about 20-30 seconds.
- Strain the pineapple margarita into the glass.
- Garnish with lime and jalapeno wedge.