A pretty cocktail, Best Damn Sunset Margarita Cocktail gets it name from the beautiful layered colors. It’s fruity and refreshing just what you need to get you through the summer!
Crisp and fresh, sweet and tart, when the weather is warm you want a refreshing beverage, Best Damn Sunset Margarita Cocktail is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
The beautiful layers in this cocktail come from the different densities in the fruit mixture and the grenadine syrup. The sugar heavy red, or grenadine, is heavy and settles below the lighter tequila mixture. Mix it together to drink it for a wonderfully sweet yet tart flavor.
Alternative to grenadine
- If you prefer, you can make a red simple syrup instead of using grenadine. For this method, bring 1 cup cranberry juice and 1 cup granulated sugar to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool before mixing your cocktail.
- Cranberry simple syrup will keep for one week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How to rim a glass
- Start with a shallow plate or bowl of water, lime juice or lemon juice. Dip the rim of your glass into the liquid. Alternatively, you could cut a lime or lemon wedge and moisten the rim with it.
- Step two, you want to evenly dip the rim into the sugar, salt, or whatever you’re riming the glass with. I have used non-pareils, and chocolate. You may want to use coconut or sprinkles, dependingly on what you’re serving. Get creative.
- Carefully craft your cocktail and pour into your glass.
Best Damn Sunset Margarita Cocktail
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar I used yellow sugarMargarita
- 2- ounces grenadine*
- 4 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- about 2 cups ice for shaker and glassesGarnish
- Orange slices
- lemon slices*see post above for substitutions
- Rim your glass with sugar. See post for details.
- Fill glass with ice.
- In a shaker add ice, tequila, orange juice, lime juice, and orange liqueur
- Shake to mix
- Slowly pour half of the grenadine in the glass. Carefully, strain half of the margarita mixture into the glass.
- Garnish and serve. Cheers!