Green Chile Cheese Quesadillas are filled with gooey cheese, zesty green chilies, and toasted in a flour tortilla. They’re an easy and inexpensive lunch or dinner option and are vegetarian friendly!
Enjoy them vegetarian as I did, or add leftover chicken or turkey for a heartier meal!
[socialrocket-tweet quote=”Share with your friends!” tweet=”Green Chile Cheese Quesadillas are filled with gooey cheese, zesty green chilies, and toasted in a flour tortilla.#TexMex #recipe #recipeoftheday #callmepmc” style_id=”default”]
I basically filled my Green Chile Quesadillas with my Quick Chile Cheese Dip. I enjoy these flavors so much, I’ve actually made a few recipes with Chile Cheese flavors.
- Creamy Green Chile Queso
- Green Chile Bacon Cornbread
- Green Chile Cheese Wonton Cups
- Crockpot Green Chile Chicken
- Green Chile Cheddar Dip
- Skillet Mexican Street Corn
- Green Chile Cheese Rice Casserole
Green Chile Cheese Quesadillas
Not only are these quesadillas taste delicious, they an easy and economical lunch, dinner, or appetizer option.
They’re filled with corn, green chiles, and cheese. Another biggie, these quesadillas take only about 12 minutes to make.
Tips and Subs
- For the cheese, I like Monterrey Jack, Pepper Jack, or Colby cheese. You can use your favorite cheese or whatever you have on hand. I recommend shredding your cheese instead of purchasing pre-shredded cheese. Pre-shredded cheese is coated with a cornstarch mixture to keep it from sticking which may alter some of your recipes.
- Add chicken – If you have leftover chicken or turkey, add it to your quesadilla for more protein.
- For the tortillas – Of course, you can use any size tortilla you like, I used 6-inch flour tortillas because they fit in my pan nicely and are easier to flip than the large ones. As well, you can use any tortillas you like. The Coconut Wraps are organic, gluten-free, and paleo. And these are low-carb and low-fat. These are sweet potato wraps that are wheat-free and gluten-free! There are so many tortillas to choose from!
- Toppings – Chipotle Ranch Sauce is a must, but sour cream, avocado, and pico is tasty too!
Green Chile Cheese Quesadillas
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 ounces green chiles drained
- 3 cups monterrey jack cheese see narrative for substitutions
- 1 cup shoepeg corn drained
- Any toppings you want: sour cream, Chipotle Ranch, avocados, tomatoes, salsa
- In a bowl, add the cream cheese, chiles, cheese, and corn.
- Spread a ½ cup of filling over one of the tortilla. Top with another tortilla. Press together until filling is 1-inch from edge. Repeat with remaining tortillas and cream mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and toast each side of the quesadilla until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes per side).
- Top each with desired toppings or serve plain.