BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadilla, soft flour tortillas are filled with tender pulled smoked pork, spicy barbecue sauce, and gooey cheddar cheese. It’s a simple and easy recipe for lunch or busy weeknight meals.
I tried to make this recipe as simple and quick as possible so that you can whip it up in less than 10 minutes with ingredients you already have on hand.
This is a great recipe for leftover smoked Boston butt. However, you don’t have to actually make Boston butt to enjoy this pulled pork recipe. You can buy smoked pulled pork from a restaurant to make the quesadillas. Don’t hate. It’s the same as buying a rotisserie chicken for a recipe. By the way, I do that all the time. It’s a great time-saver.
In addition to sandwiches, you can make quesadillas or soft tacos with pulled pork. Pork would also be tasty on this Ranch Sauce Pizza instead of chicken.
BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadilla
This is a mega easy recipe.
Optional, for a little more kick try Candied Jalapenos, Pickled Red Onions, and/or (Are you ready for this?) pineapple in your quesadilla. Sweet pineapple chunks make a scrumptious addition to your quesadilla!
Try adding sliced avocado for a hint of creaminess and boost of healthy fats.
Another option is to use chicken or turkey for the protein. Using roasted or grilled leftover chicken or turkey in quesadillas are yummy and a great way to use those leftovers.
My Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce would be tasty on a quesadilla, but if you don’t have time to make it, by all means, pick up a bottle at the grocer.
For a low carb version, serve with these low carb tortillas.
You can always play around with different cheese options. I think pepper jack would taste great.
With sandwiches, quesadillas, etc. I hate to put exact amounts of filling ingredients. We all like different amounts and it should be up to you! Personally, like my quesadillas with a lot of cheese and a little meat.
BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadilla
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- 2 tablespoons oil more if needed
- 2 cups pork shoulder smoked, sliced or pulled
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 and ½ cup cheese more or less as needed, I used cheddar and Colby
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- sour cream, avocados, pickled or raw onion, fresh or pickled jalapeno, green onions for dipping or garnish
- Coat the bottom of a non-stick skillet with a thin layer of oil.
- Heat the pan over medium heat. I build my quesadilla on the pan. This goes fast so have all your ingredients prepped and ready.
- Place one tortilla on the pan. Top with cheese, sliced or shredded pork, jalapenos, onions, etc, top with another layer of cheese, complete with another tortilla.
- Cook each quesadilla on each side until they are crispy and browned about 2 minutes per side.
- Slice each quesadilla and serve.