Crazy Bread: Master Dough for Everything is a basic yeast dough that can be made into many different recipes. No kneading and no machine, this magic dough is great for any recipe that starts with a yeast dough.
Crazy Bread: Master Dough for Everything
This all-purpose dough and versatile dough can be used for a variety of different items: Cheesy loaf, pizza, naan bread, savory stuffed roll, cinnamon rolls, pretzels, cheese breadsticks, focaccia, doughnuts, calzones, and dinner rolls.
This recipe yields: 2 thin pizzas or 1 thick crust pizza, 1 focaccia bread loaf, 1 cheese breadsticks, 8 to 10 cinnamon rolls or pretzels, or 10 to 12 dinner rolls.
You can also keep it in your fridge for up to 3 days.
To Make Naan Bread
Divide this basic Crazy Bread: Master Dough for Everything into small balls about double the size you would use for a dinner roll. On a floured surface, roll the balls flat using a rolling pin. Heat a grill pan or large pan to medium high. Butter the pan and cook the bread about 3 minutes per side using tongs to turn. The key is to cover the bread with a large metal bowl while it cooks on each side. This creates steam which causes bubbly in the bread.
To Make Pretzels
Use the exact same process as with my From-Scratch Soft Pretzels beginning at Step 5.
To Make Pizza
This recipe will make two large thin crust pizzas or one thick crust pizza. Simply roll out the crust to the size and thickness you want, add your sauce and toppings and bake. At 450 degrees you’ll bake the crust for 9 to 12 minutes or until the crust has risen slightly, it’s brown, and the cheese is melted.
For topping ideas you can use any of these recipes.
- Two Pesto Chicken Pizza
- Ranch Sauce Pizza with Chicken and Bacon
- Caramelized Onion Butternut Squash Pesto Pizza
To Make Cheese Bread Sticks
Form round or rectangle bread about 1/2 inch thick. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle on garlic and a generous amount of mozzarella cheese. Cook at 450 degrees for 9 to 12 minutes.
Crazy Bread: Master dough for Everything
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another small bowl mix the yogurt and the egg. Stir to combine.
- Once the yeast has activated add the yeast mixture and yogurt/egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Using a fork stir everything together until it forms a loose, sticky dough. If the dough is too dry, add more milk or water. If it is too soft, add just more flour.
- Gently knead the dough together until it forms a rough ball.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot like your oven or microwave to rise for 2 hours.
- Your dough is ready to make the bread of your choice once it has doubled in size.
- Refrigerate up to 3 days.