Perfect, made from scratch Cinnamon Rolls. These soft, fluffy buns have a ribbon of cinnamon swirls and are topped with a vanilla cream cheese frosting!
The best Cinnamon Rolls are easy to make from scratch (although, they do take waiting time) and come out soft with gooey filling.
Cinnamon Rolls are my most all-time very favorite thing ever to eat!! I heart them!!
I only make cinnamon rolls about four times a year. No one else in my family likes them.
Do you know what that means? That means I eat them. All. All 12 of them with cream cheese frosting. I eat all of them in about a three day time frame.
I ate 5 the day I made these!!
Do you know what that means? That means if I made these more than four times a year, I would not be able to fit in my skinny jeans…. or any jeans. Or I’d have to run 52 miles a day! I do not want to run 52 miles a day!
My point is these cinnamon rolls are good. Delicious. Heavenly.
- 1/4 ounce package yeast (2½ teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup warm water 120 - 130°F
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 ½ to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Optional: 3/4 raisins and/or pecans
For the pan:
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside. In a large bowl of mixer with dough hook attachment, mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 c flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture alternating with remaining flour. Mix until smooth. Pour dough onto a floured flat surface and knead 5 minutes. Place in a oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 2 - 2 1/2 hours).
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll or press out dough with fingers until approximately 15 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle with raisins or pecans if desired. Beginning on long, 15 inch, side roll up. Pinch dough at seam and ends to seal. cut into 12 slices.
For the pan:
- Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into your baking pan and sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over butter.
- Place sliced cinnamon rolls almost touching in pan and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, beat together ½ cup butter and cream cheese with your electric mixer on low. Add confectioner sugar, vanilla, and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly before frosting.