Cinnamon Rolls are my most all-time very favorite thing ever to eat!! I heart them!!
I only make cinnamon rolls about four times a year. No one else in my family likes them.
Do you know what that means? That means I eat them. All. All 12 of them with cream cheese frosting. I eat all of them in about a three day time frame.
I ate 5 the day I made these!!
Do you know what that means? That means if I made these more than four times a year, I would not be able to fit in my skinny jeans…. or any jeans. Or I’d have to run 52 miles a day! I do not want to run 52 miles a day!
My point is these cinnamon rolls are good. Delicious. Heavenly.
- 1/4 oz package yeast
- 1/2 c warm water 120 - 130 degrees
- 1/2 c warm milk
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c butter melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 to 4 c all-purpose flour
- /2 c melted butter
- /4 c sugar
- T ground cinnamon, adjust amount to your taste
- Optional 3/4 raisins and/or pecans
- /4 c butter, melted
- /4 c sugar
- stick butter, room temp
- oz cream cheese, room temp
- /2 c confectioners sugar
- T milk
- tsp vanilla
- Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside. In a large bowl of mixer with dough hook attachment, mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 c flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture alternating with remaining flour. Mix until smooth. Pour dough onto a floured flat surface and knead 5 minutes. Place in a oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 2 - 2 1/2 hours).
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll or press out dough with fingers until approximately 15 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over butter. Sprinkle with raisins or pecans if desired. Beginning on long, 15 inch, side roll up. Pinch dough at seam and ends to seal. cut into 12 slices.
- Pour 1/4 c melted butter into pan and sprinkle 1/4 c sugar over butter. Place sliced cinnamon rolls almost touching in pan and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cream 1 stick butter, add confectioner sugar with mixer on low. Add vanilla and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before frosting.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.