This Creamy Parmesan Noodles recipe makes a warm and creamy pasta side dish that’s great any day, for any meal.
This pasta is not only delicious but it’s also super quick to make, and ready in 12 minutes. It’s a favorite with kids and adults because, who doesn’t love noodles?!
It’s no secret that I love pasta. And, mac and cheese is my all-time favorite. Although this isn’t mac and cheese, it’s very reminiscent of creamy mac and cheese but much easier to make. The only cheese this dish has is parmesan and you can actually leave it out. Creamy Parmesan Noodles Recipe gets the creamy texture from cream cheese, not a cheese sauce.
As well, it can be ready in the amount of time it takes to cook the noodles.
Creamy Parmesan Noodles Recipe Notes
- You can use spaghetti noodles, elbow macaroni, whatever pasta you have in the pantry will work just fine.
- I recommend full-fat cream cheese. Reduced fat and fat-free cream cheese doesn’t melt creamy.
- Reserve the pasta water to add if needed. Or, you can add more milk.
- You can change the spices depending on your preferences. Because it’s a simple recipe make sure you are seasoning correctly. The seasonings, salt, and pepper can totally make or break this recipe.
- I prefer using freshly minced garlic versus garlic powder. It has more flavor.
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
You can use any shape or variety of pasta in this recipe, like gluten-free or vegetable pasta. I like this pasta that’s made from cauliflower.
Other Easy Pasta Recipes
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Creamy Parmesan Noodles Recipe
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- sauce pan
- 8 ounces pasta
- 6 ounces cream cheese cut into cubes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste taste before adding the salt, Parmesan and Cajun seasoning tends to be salty
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, start the cream sauce.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 to 3 minutes until garlic is frangrant.
- Turn the stove on low and add cream cheese, milk, and seasonings. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Do not boil.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and the drained, cooked pasta. Stir to combine. Garnish with parsley or sliced green onions. Serve immediately.
Thank you so much for this amazing and delicious recipe! Will surely have this again for, so easy to make! Well done!
Creamy and delicious! With two types of cheese and a hint of Cajun spice, we are loving this recipe! Something different but totally works.
Yum! It’s the perfect easy side for any protein. I love how quickly I can get it on the table!
The Parmesan topping was perfect! A delicious recipe!