Tipsy Italian Sausage Pasta is incredibly flavorful and an easy recipe for busy nights since it can be on the table in under 30 minutes! This is comfort food heaven!
The recipe is super simple and basic. It reminds me of traditional spaghetti with meat sauce. I classify it as a grownup version. It doesn’t have a lot of tomato sauce, yet it’s very flavorful from the Italian sausage and herbs.
If you’re serving children, you can replace the wine with chicken broth. However, alcohol does cook off.
Tipsy Italian Sausage Pasta
Rotini is the perfect pasta for this sauce because it pairs wonderfully with the meatiness and laps up all the sauce. Any pasta will work but this has been a perpetual favorite.
I finished my pasta with chopped basil. And, of course, a glass of nice red wine.
If you have thirty minutes, you have time to make this hearty dish that’s perfect all year and leaves you feeling full and satisfied.
- You can use any shape pasta in this recipe. So use what you have on hand.
- As well, I used one pound of Italian sausage and one pound of ground turkey. You can use all sausage, all ground beef, or sub ground beef for the turkey.
- Finally, your noodles don’t have to be drunk. You can use chicken broth instead of wine.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.
Tipsy Italian Sausage Pasta
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
- large sauce pan
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground turkey beef or chicken can be used
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup white wine I used Chardonnay. Or substitute chicken broth.
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- 16 ounce pasta any shape
- In a large pan or braising pot, brown sausage and turkey (beef or chicken). Drain grease if necessary. Since I used ground turkey, I didn't have excess to drain.
- While meat is browning, cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain.
- Clear an area in the center of the pan where the meat is and add the garlic. Stir and cook 1 minute. Add the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and stir together with the garlic and the meat.
- Add the white wine and cook down until reduced to about half.
- Add the tomatoes in their juice, pasta, and parsley. Reduce heat to low and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with fresh basil. Serve immediately.