Keto Feta Burgers are flavorful and tender with a luscious sauce. This recipe is easy and the perfect comfort food.
KETO FETA BURGERS
Burgers, hamburger steaks, Salisbury steaks regardless of what you call this recipe, it’s old-school comfort food. It’s quick and never disappoints.
This is a family favorite weeknight dinner recipe. We enjoy Big Mac Salad for a keto meal as well.
HOW DO YOU MAKE KETO BURGERS?
My Keto burgers are made with ground beef, eggs, cheese, and seasonings. They are then seared in a skillet and combined with a creamy gravy. Keto Feta Cream Sauce that covers these hamburger steaks is just perfection!
Just like many old recipes, there are hundreds of different variations of burgers and hamburger steaks. Sometimes that’s because of family favorites and sometimes it changes with what’s in your pantry.
INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR KETO FETA BURGERS
The full recipe with amounts and instructions is at the bottom of this post. As well, set up your recipe box for free so you will never lose this wonderful recipe. (Recipe Box FAQ)
- Ground beef
- Feta cheese
- Garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter. You may not need
butterif there’s enough fat from the ground beef.
- Beef broth
- Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh herbs. You can use any of these are a combination of all three: rosemary, thyme, and chives.
- Yellow onion
- Steak sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
CAN I FREEZE HAMBURGER STEAKS?
Yes. You can freeze Keto Feta Burgers before they’re cooked or after.
To freeze them before you cook them, place them on a lined, baking pan. After a couple of hours, you can transfer them to a freezer bag. Allow them to thaw in the refrigerator then cook as directed.
To freeze them after cooking, allow the burgers to cool completely. Store in a freezer bag for 2 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator and heat them in the oven or skillet until warmed through.
You can also make these into meatballs. I like to make small meatballs, spoon the drippings on top, and cover them with feta. This makes a delicious low-carb meal or appetizer.
You may find these posts helpful
- How to Peel and Devein Raw Shrimp
- How to Assemble a Charcuterie Platter
- Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Holiday your way: Party Planning Guide
Want more beef recipes?
- Beef Stew with Beer
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- Old Fashioned Beef Vegetable Soup
- Bourbon Honey Steak Tips
- Beef Chorizo sliders
KETO FETA BURGERS
Want to save recipes? Create an account or login & then you can use the “Save Recipe” button when viewing a recipe to save it to your Recipe Box. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections.Save To Your Recipe Box Go to your saved recipes
For the burgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter You may not need if there's enough fat
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 and ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons *fresh herbs *rosemary, thyme, and chives
- 1 small yellow onion sliced, can omit if desired
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced or pressed
- salt, crushed black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes
For the hamburger steaks
- Combine the beef, egg, feta, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix until the ingredients are well blended. Make 12 to 14 equal hamburgers from the mixture.
- You'll need a 12-inch or larger skillet to prevent the sauce from bubbling over. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the patties until done. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may have to cook multiple batches.
- After they're cooked, remove the patties from the skillet. You need 4 tablespoons of grease left in the pan. Drain extra grease out of the pan.
For the sauce
- You need about 4 tablespoons of fat in the pan. If there's not enough from cooking the meat, you can use butter. Add butter, beef broth, heavy cream, fresh herbs, steak sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes to the skillet. Heat it to medium-high.
- Bring mixture to a boil while whisking constantly then reduce the heat to low or simmer. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes then turn it off while you cook the hamburger.
- Add the hamburger steak back into the pan and spoon sauce over the top. Simmer for 5 minutes then serve.